1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SOS!!! Need Note 10.1 2014 firmware!!!

I really messed up. I'm a noob and screwed up my new fancy tablet.... a lot. I rooted it and deleted the factory keyboard in favor of swiftkey. It was all going fine until I factory reset the thing and swiftkey got deleted. Now I can't really do anything... I can still get to the recovery screen, so I feel like there must be an unroot. The link below looked promising until the link to download the firmware didn't work... and I can't find it anywhere else. Anybody know how to unroot and factory restore this thing using a pc from the recovery screen? A guide to do this exists for just about every other android platform, but this one is so new I don't think one has been made yet... Thanks!!!

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: SOS!!! Need Note 10.1 2014 firmware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qcalmus View Post
    I really messed up. I'm a noob and screwed up my new fancy tablet.... a lot. I rooted it and deleted the factory keyboard in favor of swiftkey. It was all going fine until I factory reset the thing and swiftkey got deleted. Now I can't really do anything... I can still get to the recovery screen, so I feel like there must be an unroot. The link below looked promising until the link to download the firmware didn't work... and I can't find it anywhere else. Anybody know how to unroot and factory restore this thing using a pc from the recovery screen? A guide to do this exists for just about every other android platform, but this one is so new I don't think one has been made yet... Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forums.
    I can give a few options, however, Hotfile was shut down in November. This was one of the biggest file repositories known. Now many file sharing sites are scrambling to replace their files.
    You can try Sammobile .com
    Samsung Updates .com

or you can try connecting to Kies, in hopes that the ROM can be recovered. I highly doubt this will happen though.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: SOS!!! Need Note 10.1 2014 firmware!!!

Follow this guide written by scrosler at XDA: