1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IP Address

I am having a difficult time at various places connecting to the wifi. I keep getting the message that the tablet cannot find the IP address. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. Other people around me with IPADS and laptops have no problem connecting.

Default Re: IP Address

What kind of tablet are you using? Also, what kind of WiFi? Is it your home WiFi? WiFi at say a rest stop kind of area/Restaurant? Just getting a little more information so we can help you out.
    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post
    What kind of tablet are you using? Also, what kind of WiFi? Is it your home WiFi? WiFi at say a rest stop kind of area/Restaurant? Just getting a little more information so we can help you out.
    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    I am using the GN2014. It is wifi at work in a school district and at a BOCES which is secured by Aruba Network.

Are you rooted? I read if the Knox indicator is tripped, you can't connect to secure networks whose admins disallow it.

I'm wondering Kurt whether you are in areas with a weak wifi signal, and your tablet won't connect? Mine is a 4g/Wifi model (not sure what yours is), and by default when it thinks it's got a weak wifi signal it displays a message "Your internet connection is unstable" and it switches to my mobile phone network instead (Telstra/Australia). This is activated by default, and it can be turned off through the advanced settings by unselecting "Auto network switch". By doing so, it keeps the weak signal, and in your case, may then allow it to be assigned an IP address?

Here's an example :

I may be totally wrong, but something else to look into, and disregard if it's of no use.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by IWTFSYBN View Post
    I'm wondering Kurt whether you are in areas with a weak wifi signal, and your tablet won't connect? Mine is a 4g/Wifi model (not sure what yours is), and by default when it thinks it's got a weak wifi signal it displays a message "Your internet connection is unstable" and it switches to my mobile phone network instead (Telstra/Australia). This is activated by default, and it can be turned off through the advanced settings by unselecting "Auto network switch". By doing so, it keeps the weak signal, and in your case, may then allow it to be assigned an IP address?

Here's an example :

I may be totally wrong, but something else to look into, and disregard if it's of no use.
    I have the Wi-Fi version. It is a very strong Wi-Fi signal that everyone around me can connect to.

My tablet is not rooted.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
    Are you rooted? I read if the Knox indicator is tripped, you can't connect to secure networks whose admins disallow it.
    I am not rooted.

Posted via Android Central App