1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just Recieved my Note, one Itsy Bitsy issue

So I just went to the post office and picked up my new Note. I charged it to 100 percent and turned it on.
    I put on the Poetic Slim case for it right away.
    When I close the flap and then open it back up, Something called Daynote pops up every time.
    I have no Internet connection here at work so I haven't set anything up yet. When I got home I was going to see if it needed any updates first then do a Factory Reset.
    I read somewhere that you should always do a reset after you take it out of the box.
    Anyways, if anyone has any ideas why this would be happening, I would appreciate any help.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Default Re: Just Recieved my Note, one Itsy Bitsy issue

I am *pretty* sure that if you go into settings, accessories there is a way to make sure that does not happen.

Daynote is an eInk reader if I remember right, a low power eReader
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    So I just went to the post office and picked up my new Note. I charged it to 100 percent and turned it on.
    I put on the Poetic Slim case for it right away.
    When I close the flap and then open it back up, Something called Daynote pops up every time.
    I have no Internet connection here at work so I haven't set anything up yet. When I got home I was going to see if it needed any updates first then do a Factory Reset.
    I read somewhere that you should always do a reset after you take it out of the box.
    Anyways, if anyone has any ideas why this would be happening, I would appreciate any help.
    You can definitely go into Settings and under Accessories, you just have to uncheck Daynote
    Thanked by:

If it's the little calendar that pops up when you open it up, then yeah, there's a setting to turn that on/off. It's like an instant daily agenda but it only shows up when using a 'smart' cover, so the switch is under that accessory's settings.

As for the reset, it's generally a good idea just to make sure you're really starting from scratch. Also, generally speaking, it helps to clear cache/dalvik cache from the recovery menu after updating the OS (which, hopefully, will be very soon to KitKat...cross your fingers).
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That did it, Thanks everyone!
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

If you're like me, you'll miss it... hehe you'll see :P