Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 10.1: battery life

what is the average battery life that most of you are getting? I am only getting about 1.5 to 2 hours per charge and this seems VERY low. Most of the time I cannot complete a movie or use the tablet throughout the day at work without plugging it in after each meeting.

I do have the power saving feature turned on.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-26-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Default Re: battery life

something is very wrong there. I get about 8 hours on a full charge, using it a moderate amount. with light use it can last about 10 hours. Do you have the brightness turned all the way up? The screen takes alot of power. I keep it at about half way
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I have the auto screen brightness and the power saver turned on I can probably browse and play games 10ish hours on a full charge straight it last a couple of days with low/light use
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am going to have to send my unit into samsung. With auto brightness and power saver I am lucky if I get 2 hours of use out of it.

I am newbie, with that said, they could have put a 3.0 usb on the 2014, and made a replaceable battery option.. IMO, those two options would greatly increase user time with this device. My Note 3 charges fast, plus I carry an extra battery. On the other hand, my Note 2014, doesn't charge fast, and no removable battery option..With that said, I put my Note 2014 on the charger whenever it is convenient..
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Default Re: Note 10.1: battery life

I get 12 plus hours... I read a lot about shorter battery life for this device before I brought it. My findings were that bloatware was mostly the cause for the shorter life... I disabled most bloatware and specifically most Samsung bloatware and push services... I get the same life out of my battery on this as my older Tab 2 10.1...

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I am newbie, with that said, they could have put a 3.0 usb on the 2014, and made a replaceable battery option.. IMO, those two options would greatly increase user time with this device. My Note 3 charges fast, plus I carry an extra battery. On the other hand, my Note 2014, doesn't charge fast, and no removable battery option..With that said, I put my Note 2014 on the charger whenever it is convenient..
    Just to clarify, USB 3.0 DOES NOT charge your device any faster, it just transfers data that way. The charger's AMP rating or the USB port you're using, however, does make a difference. That, and of course the fact that these are two different batteries with very different capacities. Using the same charger (Note 3 and Note 10.1 have the same charger, btw) of course you'll notice the Note 3 charging "faster"... you can't expect to fill a 1L glass of water in the same time it takes you to fill a 500ml one with the same water faucet, can you?
    Thanked by:
    dianehelen likes this.

I am a newbie! Could you tell me what is bloatware and how to take it off? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lbabus View Post
    I am a newbie! Could you tell me what is bloatware and how to take it off? Thanks.
    Another newbie (5 or 6 days old) 2nd that. A nice list of what to take out of the GN 2014 and what they do and don't do would be nice. Made a sticky too..

Andriod Central is the BOMB!!!. :
    D
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!