Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen write problem

Hi, everytime I open Air-command and use screen write, I always get bad screenshots quality. Is this normal?
    Thanks for the help!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Screen write problem

Unfortunately, yes... for some reason using screen-write does compress the images a lot. If you want better results, I'd recommend taking the screenshot (but disabling the option to edit it after taking it), then adding the writing through the Photo Editor. I know it's going through extra steps but this way the quality of the picture is kept before writing onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Unfortunately, yes... for some reason using screen-write does compress the images a lot. If you want better results, I'd recommend taking the screenshot (but disabling the option to edit it after taking it), then adding the writing through the Photo Editor. I know it's going through extra steps but this way the quality of the picture is kept before writing onto it.
    1. Where do you enable/disable option to edit after screen shot? When I take one, it just says "copied to clip board" then saves it in the pictures>screenshots folder

2. What Photo Editor are you referring to? ok.wow just discovered the photo editor within the gallery appb ha! never knew that was there. Love finding new things about this tablet every day :-D
    Last edited by dianehelen; 01-27-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

@dianehelen Settings-device-display...."edit after screen capture"

@spookdroid
    Are you saying even though I both situations I get 2650x1600 resolution, one is actually better because of the manner in which the other is compressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
    @dianehelen Settings-device-display...."edit after screen capture"

@spookdroid
    Are you saying even though I both situations I get 2650x1600 resolution, one is actually better because of the manner in which the other is compressed?
    duhhh thanks, it was right there
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Yup, the compression algorithm for the edited screenshot is higher than the one used for 'pure' screenshot. For instance, you can save a JPEG file in MS Paint and have the very same image saved in Photoshop, and the latter will look better (but have a larger file size). Why? MS Paint has a higher compression rate than the default Photoshop settings (yes, you can change the settings in PS and end up with an even blockier picture, but that's another thing).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the help. I wish Samsung will fix this!

Posted via Android Central App