Galaxy Note 10.1: Weird charging question

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
When I charge my Note overnight, leaving it on, when I take it off the charger in the morning it shows 100% charged. But if I turn it off(power down) to charge, when I turn it on(boot up) in the morning it shows charged to 99%.

Any ideas why it does this?

Last edited by a moderator:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Wierd charging question

I think I remember reading somewhere that batteries don't fully charge even when it says 100%.

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Simple sync problem of how the software reads the batt level. In my case i simply use it till it shutsdown and charge it back to 100%.

Sent from my Elcheapo Movimax P5

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Probably internal clock running in processor pulls a little juice even with power off.....

Dale

MarrowK

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I think that is because of the battery is not well calibrated, that means the android system cant read the battery stats right. How long have you been using the note, and how are your charge/discharge cycles? For example, i left my note charging overnight and powered on this morning, quickly checked my emails and then i turned off wifi, and left it with power saving feature on, then when i got home four hours later, the note still got 100% percent battery left. Also to make things clear i dont use many background sync apps like facebook, twitter, google now and so on, also currently using just 1 widget and a simple live wallpaper.
I dont think you should worry about this 99% issue even though is an annoyance, to put things in perspective my old phone (a sony ericsson xperia play) had this issue, at first i worried a lot and thought i had a defective battery or charger, but after some research i found that my screen on time was the average, and after a month or so of use i noticed that the battery lasted more in the 0-15% range, instead now i noticed that my note 10.1 2014 last longer from the 20-100%, the last 20% discharges really quickly, but as with the xperia, the screen on time of my note is perfect.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm not really worried about this, more curious. I get great battery performance, close to 11 hours, depending on what I'm doing. I also don't use any constant synch apps, just 1 weather widget, static wallpapers, keep brightness pretty low.

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

From my observation, the100 to 99% doesnt really have any adverse affect on uptime on my note. With myusage habits and brightness setting, i seem to constantly end up with around 40% battery level by 9pm

Don't worry bout it diane, the 99 is the new 100 !

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Ha! ;-)

I've had my tablet on now since 10am, I had to go out for about an hour, mid day, plugged into charger for that hour, it's now 10:30 pm and I'm at 34%! Very happy with battery performance

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

A possibility should the battery reading actually be that accurate:
After charging with it powered off, the boot process is going to use a short burst of power. Maybe just enough for a 1 percent down tick. So maybe your note is not 1 percent shy of perfection after all.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I have been reading a couple threads here and on XDA forums concerning charging issues.. Such as, takng a long time to charge, going down real fast. So, before my 15 day return period is up, yesterday, I let my GN 2014 run all the way down to would only allow me to power off. I put it on chage this morning at 7 am at about 11, I looked at the charging icon and it looked as it was near full. I had been reading that better results are obtained when it is close to 80 or 90% full, to unplug the charger and then plug it back in to continuing charging. With that done, at 12 noon, exactly 5 hours later, it showed a 100%. Glad of that, It would be a hassle to put all the things back in the box, and take off the beautiful tempered glass screen I have attached. So, it looks like I am keeping this one. Now just wondering should I get the protection plan that Bestbuy offers before my 15 days are up.. ???

Last edited:

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Like clockwork...i charge my note at night. Unplug by 6 am and auto on at 8 am. Always charge while device turned off. Been using to browse, prospecting, ereading calculating..smsing even calling twice..and its 20.29 right now and my battery is on 65%. Niiiceeeee

Oh yeah, my setting is auto brightness, 3g on, timeout screen 2 mins. Never used it for music or film or play games.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci