1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Viewing from HDD recorder direct.

I have a note 10.1 2014 edition and a newbie to android.
    I have been trying to view videos that are recorded on my Panasonic hdd recorder model dmr hw220 This is Wi-Fi enabled and works with win7 laptop.
    The Note video app that came preloaded recognises it and list the videos but is unable to play them. I can download them to the tablet still they do not play with the default video player and I have to download a separate video player to view them.
    I would like to view them over the Wi-Fi network straight from the Panasonic recorder without waiting to download them fist first.
    Is there a video player that lets me view hdd direct?

Default Re: Viewing from HDD recorder direct.

What is the format of these videos? In the play store, you can download MXPlayer, its free and plays most formats

What exactly IS a "Panasonic hdd recorder model dmr hw220 "?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The Panasonic hdd recorder is a1 TB hard disc video recorder, Wi-Fi enabled, recording live TV from an aerial/antenna.
    I have downloaded the MX player and that plays the video once its downloaded to the Note. What I am after is an app to recognise the recorder,as the default app does, and then view directly via Wi-Fi from the hard disc recorder
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OOps. forgot to give the format of the videos
    the default video player gives the following for vids on the nearby device:-Video/vnd.dnla.mpeg-tts
    when the vid is downloaded it becomes format video/mp2fs (thefile is stored at emulated/0/nearby/drwho mpeg)

Hope that helps

hmm. I'm stumped. Not at all familiar with that device so I guess I can't help much. Good luck, hope you can find a solution
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for your interest I will wait and see if Samsung update the player to include the codec
    Thanks again

Have you tried VLC Player? I believe it supports streaming from other sources; it might be able to 'see' your HDD.
    Last edited by SpookDroid; 01-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.

VLC player doesnt support streaming videos and need VLC streamer setup both on PC and tablet for streaming videos.

Use Archos Video Player (also install Archos video all codecs for more video support) or Dice (also have codecs for MKV DTS audio support) (how to install it guide: )
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the info. Archos works. The free version of has all the codecs so it says. The only drawback, there always is one, is that it doesn't fast forward, have not tried book marking yet will get round to it. May have a problem with DLNA recordings but happy so far.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    hmm. I'm stumped. Not at all familiar with that device so I guess I can't help much. Good luck, hope you can find a solution
    Hummmm, me and you both so I YouTubed it