s pen won't write on one bit of screen above home button

nb22

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help please? I've had my Note 10.1 2014 for less than a week and love it but noticed that when I take notes with s pen I can't write on a spot about 2 cm above the home button (bottom middle of screen). It sends the pen strokes wildly all over the place. I can get around it by turning the Note upside down to finish my page or not writing on bottom 3 or 4 lines of page at all but neither is a very good solution. Letter 'b' hard to press with pen too. Do all Note 10.1 2014s do this or is it a fault? Need to know if I should send it back. Got light bleed at bottom of screen too which is very disappointing after coming from great build quality of an ipad. Many thanks for your advice.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had "Swipe Home button" on, which occupies that area, and it works all right with the pen. I then disabled it and tried writing around with the pen on Snote. Now, SNote shows the page number in that area, so it's awkward to write there, but when I started outside that area and crossed it with the Spen, the lines seemed normal.
So I guess it is a problem with your unit.

[EDIT] Tried on lecturenotes, that area seemed normal too

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help please? I've had my Note 10.1 2014 for less than a week and love it but noticed that when I take notes with s pen I can't write on a spot about 2 cm above the home button (bottom middle of screen). It sends the pen strokes wildly all over the place. I can get around it by turning the Note upside down to finish my page or not writing on bottom 3 or 4 lines of page at all but neither is a very good solution. Letter 'b' hard to press with pen too. Do all Note 10.1 2014s do this or is it a fault? Need to know if I should send it back. Got light bleed at bottom of screen too which is very disappointing after coming from great build quality of an ipad. Many thanks for your advice.

Do you have a case/cover on your Note ? Some of the cases with embedded magnets result in wonky writing abilities with the S Pen. If you do have a case on... take it off and test again... you never know :)

nb22

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Are you able to write a word directly above the page number? Mine really struggles it's like there's a spot the pen is avoiding.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Are you able to write a word directly above the page number? Mine really struggles it's like there's a spot the pen is avoiding.
I don't have the tablet with me but I will check this evening. I guess the cover wasn't the problem :(

nb22

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Brilliant! Thanks charles777! I do keep it in a case that has magnets. Have taken it out and it's working perfectly. Will get another case now. Cheers!

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Glad it's solved. Just FYI, mine does work above the page number, and I do have a case with magnets, though the magnets are located on the other end of the tablet, on the corners of the long side that has the Samsung logo

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I didn't hit post earlier today when I replied to this.
I have the Poetic case...LOVE it! Great case. It's magnetic. I can
write all the way to the very edge of the bottom of the screen. This case,
unlike the Moko case, also allows me to do a swipe for a screen capture.
It's never caused any problems with my GN/2014.

derbywags

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a case/cover on your Note ? Some of the cases with embedded magnets result in wonky writing abilities with the S Pen. If you do have a case on... take it off and test again... you never know :)

Thanks! That was the problem with mine. An area near the magnetic clasp appeared to be much less likely to detect the pen input. It works fine when removed from the case - and exhibits the same problem again when reinserted into the case. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech