Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MarrowK
  • 1 Post By AMG_Roadster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen and widgets

Hi guys
    New to android and I want to make the first few pages look good on the note.. don't really get the widgets thing. I can move them but are there any really good ones to make the page look good. Mines really hit and miss at the moment. I have also lost the a note widget, just shows the notes in the panel.. any advise, suggestions thoughts be great. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: screen and widgets

Quote Originally Posted by singh360 View Post
    Hi guys
    New to android and I want to make the first few pages look good on the note.. don't really get the widgets thing. I can move them but are there any really good ones to make the page look good. Mines really hit and miss at the moment. I have also lost the a note widget, just shows the notes in the panel.. any advise, suggestions thoughts be great. Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
    Widgets are typically tied to your apps, but can be found as a stand alone. Some apps have good ones, some don't. I don't have many widgets myself, just a weather widget, Play Sound Search, and Google Now.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I know this won't be of much help if you're a 'newbie' (heck, even seasoned users don't venture into this much) but there's a widget creator named Zooper. You can basically make it into whatever you want and make it look however you want.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I know this won't be of much help if you're a 'newbie' (heck, even seasoned users don't venture into this much) but there's a widget creator named Zooper. You can basically make it into whatever you want and make it look however you want.
    I have never seen this app! Thanks!
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

You can also try Themer. They have 'prefabricated' themes that are not your typical 'change the icons and a few colors and say it's a theme' theme, it's ACTUALLY a radical change for your home screen. And it includes Zooper. So, whatever theme you apply, it comes with the widgets to match, and it's way cool. Sure, it has its glitches and it's far from perfect, but you can basically have a 'different' phone every day

I recommend you try dashclock and other extensions for it, is clean, simple and effective, looks great on the note.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I have Dashclock on my N5 as my weather widget, but both my X and N5 get info from 1weather.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    You can also try Themer. They have 'prefabricated' themes that are not your typical 'change the icons and a few colors and say it's a theme' theme, it's ACTUALLY a radical change for your home screen. And it includes Zooper. So, whatever theme you apply, it comes with the widgets to match, and it's way cool. Sure, it has its glitches and it's far from perfect, but you can basically have a 'different' phone every day
    Unfortunately Themer reports as not being compatible with this tablet.

Sorry, got excited and forgot which forum I was in Yeah, unfortunately and despite MANY petitions on their support forums to make this happen, Themer still has no support for tablets But if you have an Android phone, it is a very nice addition (I use it on my Note 3)

I have it on my S4 but have not yet used it. I really should give it a try. I am simply having trouble finding a Theme I want. I found a great one but it was all custom and not done through Themer.

It was one of the first things I planned on doing to my tablet when I received it. Disappointing it is not supported. I emailed them to show my support for the Themer on the Note.
    SpookDroid likes this.

I received a response from Mycolorscreen/Themer that they are considering adding tablet support in the next month or so. They suggested keeping an eye out for updates.
    Thanked by:

I do hope they do... it's a very good app and having it on my tablet would make it look so much cooler
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thank you so much guys.. dashboard is a nice widget!

While this is mainly personal preference I have "calendar widget" which has pretty interfaces to sync multiple accounts to and allows you to scroll through your calendar notes and task... pretty useful as most widgets only show up to two weeks this allows customization...for instance my to do list I want to see it even if it's a month or so away. Very clean and easy