Now that my tablet has shipped, I need suggestions on a case!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new Poetic folio that is really nice, but has never been used. I'd be more than happy to ship it to anyone that's willing to pay the $10 for expedited shipping. I sold the tablet before I could use the case. PM me.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

den1959

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a carrying case from TimBuk2 out of San Fran. custom made, guarantied for life, made of a heavy water proof canvas, and impact material inside. They call it an envelope carrying case. Fits my life style. I m not much for the book like type cases. Check them out TimBuk2.com

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Moko ultra slim case. This morning the tablet slipped off an eighteen inch high stool and hit the floor. As the tablet went splat, the case flew off in another direction. I picked that thing up with much trepidation and great relieve when I see that it was alright; but no more slim and beautiful case for me, I am looking for something that offers some kind of protection. Be warn.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do anyone have any experience with this case?
Black Purple Rugged Tough Stand Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 2014 | eBay.

My other concern is that it do not offer a face closer. I have gotten so use to the feature that I would hate to be without it, but protection would rule.

I ordered that same case off Ebay for $14.95.. This will not be my main case, but it will a case that in some situations I will have use for it..

On the "face closer" that you refer too, are you talking about "screen protector/protection"???

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
There are a few new rugged ones appearing on ebay... no idea if they are any good:
this one and this one for example :)

My case like that arrived yesterday from a US seller too. This morning putting the Note in it, I was just a second a way from writing the seller and telling them that the case doesn't fit. I was trying to force the tab in the whole unit. That won't work. You have take off the soft cover, unloosen the plastic shell, put in the tab, snap the plastic shell back together, and then put on the soft cover.. Needless to say, it is a sweet , tight, slim perfect fit. Also, just like my Note 3, I like a case that covers the edges and buttons. This one does that.. The kick stand can work portrait and landscape.. This is a keeper.. Will post some pics later..

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I was not clear. I was talking about the feature that is incorporated in the cover of the case so that the tablet starts up when the cover is open and goes to sleep when close.
These rugged case do not offer a face cover so I will have to do without that feature. Anyway, I when ahead about ten minutes after posing the question couple of days ago and ordered this onhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/271376512450?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=570254449683&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&afsrc=1e . It already shipped but being in the Caribbean, it may be another week or two before delivery.

I am glad that you are please with your. Looking forward to mine.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't suppose you did a drop test for us ? :D
Joking aside, thanks for posting the pics. You have an extra layer of tempered glass on there as well so it would most likely survive a drop.

No drop test!! :D

Yup, I got tempered glass on there too. Since this case came, I have ditched my bluetooth keyboard case for a while. Instead, I am using this case in a $1 sleeve I got for my chromebook. Since the bluetooth keyboard is detachable, I carry that too, all in the $1 sleeve.. :D

Just trying to find out the easiest, and lightest way to carry, along with the best protection..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup...that is the exact one I ordered. Red and Black.

Note: On this case, you have to take it apart first, and then put the Note 2014 in it, then put it back together. Didn't want you to be like me, and sat there for almost an hour trying to figure how to get it on.. :D

On second thought, I think I will order a black and white one too.. :D

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Note: On this case, you have to take it apart first, and then put the Note 2014 in it, then put it back together. Didn't want you to be like me, and sat there for almost an hour trying to figure how to get it on.. :D

On second thought, I think I will order a black and white one too.. :D

Sounds like a multi-layer case, like an Otterbox Commuter. They are much easier to put on when you put them on one layer at a time--no matter how tempting it may be to try to do it all at once.

From what I see here, though, there is nothing over the screen at all. While I'm used to that dynamic with my phone, it does make me a little queasier for some reason with the tablet. I suppose it's the same concept, but I'd miss the smart cover feature.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup ..agree. I will miss the smart cover feature which I currently have with the Moko Ultra Slim. But I have opted for the protection and peace of mind.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup ..agree. I will miss the smart cover feature which I currently have with the Moko Ultra Slim. But I have opted for the protection and peace of mind.

I travel a fair bit---might be worth it (if it is in fact good protection) just for that. Around the house, I think I'll take my chances.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Smart Cover?? Is that some kind of attached to the case screen protector and is removed when tab is in use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante