Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  • 1 Post By cehowardNote3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Consumer Reports Rating

The March issue of CR rated WI-FI only tablets and had a rank ordered list of the recommended models.
    In the 9 to 12 inch category the Apple ipad Air 16GB and the GN 10.1 2014 tied at the top of the list with overall scores of 83. The Air rated slightly higher in portability and the Note slightly higher in versatility. The Air did better in battery life, 13.5 hr. vs 9.0 hr. for the Note.
    The next three on the list:
    3. - 81 score Google Nexus 10, 16GB
    4. - 81 score GN 10.1, 16GB
    5. - 80 score Galaxy Tab 10.1, 16GB

Battery life ranged from 8.0 to 15.1 hr. for this group of large tablets with the Note 2014 2nd to last at 9.0 hr. The other Galaxy notes and tabs were at 10.1 hr. The 2014 Note has a larger 8,220 mHh battery vs the prior 7,000 mAh however the 2x screen resolution (4x pixels overall) and faster processor still cuts into battery life somewhat. That is the trade off.
    Always nice sunsets on Welch Island, Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

Default Re: Consumer Reports Rating

Sounds good, think I'll get one.OH yeah, I HAVE one and love it. ;-). Nice to know I picked the from the top, the one that is a real "peach" of a device, that's not an "apple" hehe
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Uschiekid likes this.

2nd that 1000000%
    dianehelen likes this.

Too bad I don't validate ANY of my purchases with CR and all my Apple friends know it <lol> I guess just out of sheer luck they can get it right every great once in awhile tho
    I guess this Georgia Peach was just naturally drawn to a "peach" of a tablet vs the Apple tablet
    I've never really kept up with how much up time I get with the battery but only recharge it ever 3 days. So for (my) use, the battery life is quite good.

And also tests have shown the Note 10.1 is speedier than any other tablet out there... yes, including the AirThingy