How fragile is the S Pen?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding it impossible not to twirl, spin or tap it.
At least I'm not chewing on the end of it! ;)
And how exactly does the replacement tip wear out?
Has anyone had to replace theirs yet?
Thinking about buying an extra pen for
when mine inevitably turns up missing.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding it impossible not to twirl, spin or tap it.
At least I'm not chewing on the end of it! ;)
And how exactly does the replacement tip wear out?
Has anyone had to replace theirs yet?
Thinking about buying an extra pen for
when mine inevitably turns up missing.

IMO, those Pens are pricy, something like $40. Knocking on wood, both of mine are perfect, and most of all, I have not lost one yet..

I purchased another case for my tab, and this one comes wth a stylus.. Going to see how that works compared to the stock one, and if it passing muster, it will get hazard duty. :D

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I THINK I'LL TRY A LITTLE HARDER TO NOT TAP OR TWIRL IT! Good grief, I thought the things are about $13 not $40!

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
My tablet came with about 6 replacements tips. Half plastic, half rubber. The rubber ones seems to wear out it you push too hard on the screen. But I switch the plastic to rubber a lot for comfort reasons. As in, if I need faster sliding I use the plastic tip. If I need pressure sensitivity I use the rubber tip. None have worn out yet so I don't know how long they last. My first tip is a little shorter than the new ones when I compared them after using for weeks. I heard the old wacom pen tips last years if you're not abusing the tip. And I believe these are made by wacom.

Sent from my SM-P600

Torque

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I wore mine out after 3 weeks of crazy heavy use writing, second lasted 1.5 months. It still worked with the rubber completeoy chunked off just using inner plastic core! (dont recommend unless you are 5000mi ftom replacements and have a screen protector). I got 2014 replacement s pen with 6 more tips for $22 on amazon new In box

Torque

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Sony for the delay, dont get notifications for some reason. It was a Christmas gift so I dont know the seller/ item link for the $22 one but only foundhttp://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Original-Stylus-Galaxy-Edition/dp/B00HTXROOQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1398363976&sr=8-12&keywords=Samsung+s-pen+Note+10.1 for $38. Available in b/w

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The surface pro pen works too, I just bought one, and it is awesome. It is the size of a real ink pen, the eraser functions, and all air menu functionality works. It makes for a great second stylus.

Posted via Android Central App (Nexus 5)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie