Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Repair Services

Has anyone had a positive experience with this? Debating about sending my device in to have them fix the bluetooth issue. Is it worth it to go thru this headache with them or are they nothing more than BS?

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Repair Services

I didn't have any problem with the repair part. However, they shipped me back the unit with the debug firmware and not the official one. So I had to do that part by myself.

I think overall, the experience is not smooth for most people. But I would send it in for sure. Based on someone else's experience, I would hang on to the pen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How long did the repair take and did they give you any feedback?

I am *currently* having an awful experience with RSI repair services, who I'm guessing, has the contract with Samsung to repair their devices. I sent my device in for the bluetooth problem. I got it back earlier this week with gouges in the three of four corners of the bezel. They must have used a splunger or something to lift the screen from the back. Also, they managed to put a deep gouge into the plastic that is covering the flash and camera. Needless to say I was livid, and called Samsung back. This is the kicker, the guy asked me, "What would you like me to do?" I told them to replace the **** bezel and the plastic cover over the flash. It is currently on the way back now. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they're not going to fix it to normal standards... I'm not asking for the moon, I just want the bluetooth issue fixed. I did not check if the bluetooth was fixed before I mailed it back in, so who knows. So far I'm not impressed AT ALL. Yes, I did keep my pen, though they did ask me to mail the power adapter. I will update this post once I get my tablet back...

I got the tablet back yesterday, and they replaced the scratched up back panel. *But* the bluetooth connection issue still remains. I called Sammy back and told them that people who have exchanged their tablets have gotten good luck. They told me that it needs to be repaired 3 times before a replacement can be made. It is going back one more time. *sigh*

so i just a notice of non-repair, meaning they didn't find a problem. so i guess it will come back the way it went, meaning with the bluetooth problems still intact. i will test it of course, but i'm not holding my breath. well, atleast it went back 3 times, so it's time to get a new one.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't know if this is of any benefit but when I sent my unit in for repair, I explicitly outlined the testing I completed to determine the bluetooth issue, Factory resets, BT devices that worked on other BT phones/tablets... I noted that the BT radio only seemed to work when audio was streaming to an earpiece. I didn't include the utterly stupid CS chat session transcript.

@pcbtmr, so did you get your tablet fixed? it works without problems? i actually got mine back after the "failed to find problem". well, something must have happened, but during an extensive test yesterday with my apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse, it actually kept the connection steady. no dropouts in the 30 minutes or so of testing. i'm going to do another test today, but so far, so good. the repair center actually called me to tell them what the problem was, and I did, but I guess they didn't find any problems.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes, the BT issue was fixed, stays paired with the keyboard even after an hour of inactivity. I can't definitively say the repair caused this but there does seem to be a lag in responsiveness or maybe I'm developing callouses on my fingers. Once I got the repaired unit back, I immediately did a factory Reset. Wished I had take screen shots before I sent it away.