1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Best Office suite?

Hello
    Though I have QuickOffice on all my devices, I still would like to know which one is the best Office Suite to edit the MS Office files on android?
    1. Note 10.1 2014 - Quick Office and Polaris
    2. Nexus 7 - OfficeSuite and QuickOffice
    3. Nexus 4 - QuickOffice

Thanks

Default Re: Best Office suite?

Wait for hancom office:
    Dont know release date yet and think it release when NotePro tabs releases. Since its included with NotePro tabs.

Skickat frn min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk

I'm just fine using QuickOffice, haven't really come across anything that I can't do or view in it, but then again, I do my 'power editing' on a PC...

Since I'm already tied into Google's Eco system I'm fine with Google Docs.

None of the above. Having Quick Office, Office Suite, Documents To Go, and having used the ones installed on the tablet, Documents To Go is the least trouble free and the only one of the 3 major ones that offers Bluetooth keyboard support. This from actual usage on both the Note 10-2012 & 2014.

Sent via my Note 8
    Last edited by bclinger#IM; 02-06-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hello
    But isn't documents to go just for doc files? What about Excel and ppt etc?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dzigner View Post
    Hello
    But isn't documents to go just for doc files? What about Excel and ppt etc?
    Thanks
    Docs to Go supports Excel and PowerPoint.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 2

I have them all but find I use and like Kingsoft Office the best. I used to have to go back to Polaris to print anything, but with Printer Share, I can print anything, from anywhere to any of my printers, home or office.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Kingsoft? Been 6 months, will try it again. It died on large excel files. Update: installed and it opened the files. Now to check its Bluetooth support.

Sent via my Note 8

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hello @bclinger#IM

Please do post your findings about Kingsoft here. I used it way before, and didnt like it. Right now I am for Polaris on Note 10.1.
    Thanks

I feel for you.

Via my Note 3

I tested it with the Bluetooth keyboard within the spreadsheet function. The enter key worked as did the tab to go forward and shift tab to go back, the arrow keys do not function. At least it got further the others. Documents To Go is the only one fully supports a Bluetooth keyboard. Uninstalled Kingsoft.

Sent via my Note 8

Bummer. I guess the reason Kingsoft works so well for me, is I dont use a blue tooth, or any other external keyboard. To ME, the whole point of using a Tablet is the portability and comfort of NOT being tied to a keyboard. I can sit or lounge in my recliner and be productive, with the tablet just on its own. I use Swype keyboard, and the S-Pen alot and am able to do just about anything I desire on the Note with nothing else attached.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Hey, I use the finger also. However, I am much more accurate and quicker using a keyboard than my finger. For those not using a keyboard there are few issues. As it is, until Mobisystem addresses the keyboard issue in Office Suite, Documents To Go is the only option I have and Documents To Go is no longer actively updated. Shame on them.

Via my Note 3

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Bummer. I guess the reason Kingsoft works so well for me, is I dont use a blue tooth, or any other external keyboard. To ME, the whole point of using a Tablet is the portability and comfort of NOT being tied to a keyboard. I can sit or lounge in my recliner and be productive, with the tablet just on its own. I use Swype keyboard, and the S-Pen alot and am able to do just about anything I desire on the Note with nothing else attached.
    I used quick office to create a Excel and PowerPoint files and saved to my drive. I could open and edit it fine on Polaris office. Though I haven't tried adding animations to the ppt!
    Thanks
    Dzigner
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512

Using a Bluetooth keyboard in the spreadsheet works for you?

Sent via my Note 8

I sugest you all try andropen office, its free and you can find it in google play, its a full port of libre office and works great with keyboard and mouse, the only downside is that you cant save files as later office version (docx), but you can however open any file no matter the format. If you try it dont forget to scale the ui so is comfortable to use. This is my favorite office suite for android because its the one with best power point, excel, and word files compatibility.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Hi
    I downloaded the andropen office suite on my note, and it does have the original menu on top, and so offers much more editability than other suites. But on note, I still prefer Polaris, unfortunately that is not available on nexus devices, only on samsung devices.

thanks

ps: still no way to add any animation even in the andropen suite.
    Dzigner
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512

Quote Originally Posted by MarrowK View Post
    I sugest you all try andropen office, its free and you can find it in google play, its a full port of libre office and works great with keyboard and mouse, the only downside is that you cant save files as later office version (docx), but you can however open any file no matter the format. If you try it dont forget to scale the ui so is comfortable to use. This is my favorite office suite for android because its the one with best power point, excel, and word files compatibility.
    it looks good and full featured from a quick look.... But do you happen to know if it's simple to add custom fonts.... What annoys me with most of the Android office suites is the lack of fonts and more importantly the inability to add my favourite fonts that I would use on my computer.

Office Suite has a decent set of fonts.

Sent via my Note 8

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    Office Suite has a decent set of fonts.

Sent via my Note 8
    I know it has a better choice than most, but I want the ones that correspond with the ones i use on my computer (Linux)....I want docs I create to look the same on both. Changing the font always changes layout to some extent...I don't want to have to redo things everytime I move the doc to my computer. I realise this is not important for most people, but it is to me. I want to use the fonts I want to use, not some random preset that happens to be available.