Galaxy Note 10.1: Question about Rooting

Rooting the znite

• Total voters

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Who here has rooted your Note? Did you have problems, our was it pretty straight forward? Are you happy you did?

Damn, screwed that up. How can I edit a poll?

note to self: check typing when typing with 80 pound lap dog as your tablet desk

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldshimoda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Question:Rooting

Did it and it took literally 5 minutes..everything works fine and flawless with great plus,like being able to use some apps I found very useful like pie control or multi windows manager (you can put every single app in multi windows mode)
The only thing is I m not able to to access "notification access" page as I stated in another thread

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I have not rooted the tablet but I have my galaxy S4. I was not a big fan of the device stock but I love it with Kangakat installed. Rooting was easy and went very smoothly.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I got this on first day, October 1st, rooted as soon as root became available. Few minutes work, then froze unnecessary apps, and have all apps available in pen window and in 4 - way multiwindow. Much better experience.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Links to root please just ordered used (wish me luck) on amazon 32 gb $429 and will root first thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Links to root please just ordered used (wish me luck) on amazon 32 gb $429 and will root first thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Umm where did you find a 10.1 2014 on Amazon for that price? That seems like either the price for the 2012 or for a refurb? I dont see any refurbs on amazon and the 2014 32gb is $449. Double check what your ordered before following these rooting steps

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Umm where did you find a 10.1 2014 on Amazon for that price? That seems like either the price for the 2012 or for a refurb? I dont see any refurbs on amazon and the 2014 32gb is $449. Double check what your ordered before following these rooting steps

He purchased a used tablet not new

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Did it and it took literally 5 minutes..everything works fine and flawless with great plus,like being able to use some apps I found very useful like pie control or multi windows manager (you can put every single app in multi windows mode)
The only thing is I m not able to to access "notification access" page as I stated in another thread

I want to root myself, I don't own windows I have macbook pro. Just curious, what did u use to root your device

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Using cf-auto-root and root with this method will trigger KNOX. Then warranty is VOID and Samsung might deny any repairs. The only root method that wont trigger KNOX is Root de la Vega and only with non Exynos versions (SM-P605). There is no current known method to root, without trigger KNOX and VOID the warranty for Exynos versions.
Once KNOX got triggered and there are no way to reset the KNOX counter.

But if already have SquareTrade warranty, (or similiar) and no need to worry about it.

I have rooted all mine android devices before, until Sammy comes with the KNOX warranty VOID thing and I dont see any need so far for Note 2014 either.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I also normally root all my devises but I have hesitate to do so with this one. I must admit though that the possibility of having 4 way multiple windows, all apps available to the window as well as to the pen is very tempting. I believe I will take the leap.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

hi all
rooted mine some weeks before, could not get OTA updates, but following a solution from xda, i now will get OTA updates. More information on this thread.
thanks

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

"Pie control"! I could use that! ;)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

"Pie control"! I could use that! ;)

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Honestly not being ota's is an advantage. The team the rooted you tablet will release an update before Samsung releases it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance