Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Rooting the znite

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have rooted, no problem

1 9.09%
  • I have rooted, a few issues, but solved

1 9.09%
  • I have rooted, screwed up/bricked it

1 9.09%
  • I have not rooted

8 72.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1: Question about Rooting

Who here has rooted your Note? Did you have problems, our was it pretty straight forward? Are you happy you did?

Damn, screwed that up. How can I edit a poll?

note to self: check typing when typing with 80 pound lap dog as your tablet desk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Question:Rooting

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Who here has rooted your Note? Did you have problems, our was it pretty straight forward? Are you happy you did?
    I'm curious as well... if you did, please mention if you have the WiFi, 3G or LTE model.

Did it and it took literally 5 minutes..everything works fine and flawless with great plus,like being able to use some apps I found very useful like pie control or multi windows manager (you can put every single app in multi windows mode)
    The only thing is I m not able to to access "notification access" page as I stated in another thread

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have not rooted the tablet but I have my galaxy S4. I was not a big fan of the device stock but I love it with Kangakat installed. Rooting was easy and went very smoothly.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: Question about Rooting

I got this on first day, October 1st, rooted as soon as root became available. Few minutes work, then froze unnecessary apps, and have all apps available in pen window and in 4 - way multiwindow. Much better experience.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Links to root please just ordered used (wish me luck) on amazon 32 gb $429 and will root first thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bulvine420 View Post
    Links to root please just ordered used (wish me luck) on amazon 32 gb $429 and will root first thing.

Here ya go:

[root][port][p600] cf-auto root - xda-developers
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Umm where did you find a 10.1 2014 on Amazon for that price? That seems like either the price for the 2012 or for a refurb? I dont see any refurbs on amazon and the 2014 32gb is $449. Double check what your ordered before following these rooting steps

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Umm where did you find a 10.1 2014 on Amazon for that price? That seems like either the price for the 2012 or for a refurb? I dont see any refurbs on amazon and the 2014 32gb is $449. Double check what your ordered before following these rooting steps
    He purchased a used tablet not new

Quote Originally Posted by donaldshimoda View Post
    Did it and it took literally 5 minutes..everything works fine and flawless with great plus,like being able to use some apps I found very useful like pie control or multi windows manager (you can put every single app in multi windows mode)
    The only thing is I m not able to to access "notification access" page as I stated in another thread

I want to root myself, I don't own windows I have macbook pro. Just curious, what did u use to root your device

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Groupon had the 32gb for 419 it's sold out.

A file called autorootCF.. Or something like that made by Xda team, used through odin

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    I want to root myself, I don't own windows I have macbook pro. Just curious, what did u use to root your device

Root Instructions Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Using cf-auto-root and root with this method will trigger KNOX. Then warranty is VOID and Samsung might deny any repairs. The only root method that wont trigger KNOX is Root de la Vega and only with non Exynos versions (SM-P605). There is no current known method to root, without trigger KNOX and VOID the warranty for Exynos versions.
    Once KNOX got triggered and there are no way to reset the KNOX counter.

But if already have SquareTrade warranty, (or similiar) and no need to worry about it.

I have rooted all mine android devices before, until Sammy comes with the KNOX warranty VOID thing and I dont see any need so far for Note 2014 either.

I also normally root all my devises but I have hesitate to do so with this one. I must admit though that the possibility of having 4 way multiple windows, all apps available to the window as well as to the pen is very tempting. I believe I will take the leap.

hi all
    rooted mine some weeks before, could not get OTA updates, but following a solution from xda, i now will get OTA updates. More information on this thread.
    thanks
    Dzigner
    SaifPrints(3D printing services)
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512

"Pie control"! I could use that!

"Pie control"! I could use that!

Why do they void your warranty if you do the "root" thang?

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Honestly not being ota's is an advantage. The team the rooted you tablet will release an update before Samsung releases it.

So how hard is it to root with a macbook? I've jailbroke my iPhone but have never rooted a android before and don't want to mess up my new tablet...lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ALborntoride View Post
    So how hard is it to root with a macbook? I've jailbroke my iPhone but have never rooted a android before and don't want to mess up my new tablet...lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Not hard at all. Hard finding a root file for the Mac

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Why do they void your warranty if you do the "root" thang?
    Rooting a devise allows you to actually get into the operating system and alter code as you see fit.
    It enables you to insert, delete or alter any program sometimes in ways not intended by the manufacturer. Of course there are benefits in that ability to those who knows what they are about but for the uneducated, it could be damaging to the devise. This is why most rooting procedures are preempted by a disclaimer...root at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Honestly not being ota's is an advantage. The team the rooted you tablet will release an update before Samsung releases it.
    Sorry, but how do the dev/team know what kind of update Samsung gonna release before they release it?
    More like "this update" you is talking about, is just an update for theirs custom ROM, with fixes/optimizes and nothing to do with Samsungs official updates.

All OTAs updates to custom ROMs comes always after Samsungs release theirs official OTA update and peoples with rooted devices, extract the OTA out from the cache folder, before they apply the update or download whole official ROM and extract only OTA from it. Then devs make a flashable zip file for rooted devices to flash the update and before Samsung release the update to countries that havent got it yet.
    Thinks you means this way peoples get the OTAs faster then Samsung release it?

Because Android is open source and there is access to the source code. It is the just a matter of extracting the Samsung specific files from an existing release. The other way is that releases of updates are staggered so they can grab a dump for a country that has an early release and make it generally available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast