Best Side Loaded Apps (non-rooted)

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
There are threads on the best apps for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. How about a discussion limited to the best side loaded apps that do not require rooting.

I will start off with two:
Ad Block Plus
Flash

Both of these make a nice improvement to the app. I appreciate the easy handling of flash in Dolphin Browser and the fact that you have multiple options on how flash is handled.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There are threads on the best apps for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. How about a discussion limited to the best side loaded apps that do not require rooting.

I will start off with two:
Ad Block Plus
Flash

Both of these make a nice improvement to the app. I appreciate the easy handling of flash in Dolphin Browser and the fact that you have multiple options on how flash is handled.

Hi, could you share a link for Ad Block Plus ? ... can't find it in the Play Store.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Side loading may also be very useful for those folks living outside of the USA. I am forced to side load all the games I like because Play Google will not make them available to my country. My favorite site is 1mobile. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Side loaded aps won't be found in the play store ;-) that's why they are side loaded. they are .apk files that are dl'd and installed. kinda like how you installed flash

oh and here is Adblock

https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install
Hi Diane... thanks for the link... I downloaded Ad Block Plus and installed it but I still see ads everywhere... Chrome, Dolphin etc
Which apps is it supposed to work with ? Do I have to enable it within individual apps and if so how?

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Open up adblock plus. Make sure you have the default DB selected and that adblock plus can connect with the internet. Also you probably want to uncheck the "allow unobtrusive ads"

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@AMG_Roadster
thanks, installed the adblockplus. already had flash on firefox.
Though update to kitkat will probably make flash unusable on firefox, will then install on dolphin.
thanks

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Open up adblock plus. Make sure you have the default DB selected and that adblock plus can connect with the internet. Also you probably want to uncheck the "allow unobtrusive ads"
Thanks for replying. .. what does DB stand for? How does the ad blocker affect performance? Does it speed up browsing or slow things down ?

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
HI
I have adblock+ since yesterday, and it is giving me some headaches. I cannot browse to this or other forum sites on any of my devices, except the laptop. I have to close the app and restart it, and then the sites come up fine.
Somebody else facing this issue? If not, I will uninstall this app.
thanks

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying. .. what does DB stand for? How does the ad blocker affect performance? Does it speed up browsing or slow things down ?

DB = database. This is the list that is maintained for ads.

i am not having any issues currently but on a previous device i had links that would not open.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca