Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Side Loaded Apps (non-rooted)

There are threads on the best apps for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. How about a discussion limited to the best side loaded apps that do not require rooting.

I will start off with two:
    Ad Block Plus
    Flash

Both of these make a nice improvement to the app. I appreciate the easy handling of flash in Dolphin Browser and the fact that you have multiple options on how flash is handled.

Default Re: Best Side Loaded Apps (non-rooted)

aDownloader (pre Google Play version)
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    There are threads on the best apps for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. How about a discussion limited to the best side loaded apps that do not require rooting.

I will start off with two:
    Ad Block Plus
    Flash

Both of these make a nice improvement to the app. I appreciate the easy handling of flash in Dolphin Browser and the fact that you have multiple options on how flash is handled.
    Hi, could you share a link for Ad Block Plus ? ... can't find it in the Play Store.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Hi, could you share a link for Ad Block Plus ? ... can't find it in the Play Store.
    Thanks
    Side loaded aps won't be found in the play store ;-) that's why they are side loaded. they are .apk files that are dl'd and installed. kinda like how you installed flash

oh and here is Adblock

Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by 2:
    charles777 likes this.

Side loading may also be very useful for those folks living outside of the USA. I am forced to side load all the games I like because Play Google will not make them available to my country. My favorite site is 1mobile. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Side loaded aps won't be found in the play store ;-) that's why they are side loaded. they are .apk files that are dl'd and installed. kinda like how you installed flash

oh and here is Adblock

Hi Diane... thanks for the link... I downloaded Ad Block Plus and installed it but I still see ads everywhere... Chrome, Dolphin etc
    Which apps is it supposed to work with ? Do I have to enable it within individual apps and if so how?
    Thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Open up adblock plus. Make sure you have the default DB selected and that adblock plus can connect with the internet. Also you probably want to uncheck the "allow unobtrusive ads"
    Thanked by:

@AMG_Roadster
    thanks, installed the adblockplus. already had flash on firefox.
    Though update to kitkat will probably make flash unusable on firefox, will then install on dolphin.
    thanks
    Dzigner
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Open up adblock plus. Make sure you have the default DB selected and that adblock plus can connect with the internet. Also you probably want to uncheck the "allow unobtrusive ads"
    Thanks for replying. .. what does DB stand for? How does the ad blocker affect performance? Does it speed up browsing or slow things down ?

HI
    I have adblock+ since yesterday, and it is giving me some headaches. I cannot browse to this or other forum sites on any of my devices, except the laptop. I have to close the app and restart it, and then the sites come up fine.
    Somebody else facing this issue? If not, I will uninstall this app.
    thanks
    Dzigner
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Thanks for replying. .. what does DB stand for? How does the ad blocker affect performance? Does it speed up browsing or slow things down ?
    DB = database. This is the list that is maintained for ads.

i am not having any issues currently but on a previous device i had links that would not open.
    Thanked by: