Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: 4.4.2 must not be far away

Looking at the Samsung website they are advertising the note 10.1 2014 with the new magazine UI, hopefully its soon , sorry if this had already been mentioned, I just noticed it this morning while looking at the note specs on there

Posted via Android Central App
    kevinpleasants likes this.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: The Note 10.1 2014 4.4.2 must not be far away

Yes, hopefully soon. OEM's have been getting better with updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    Looking at the Samsung website they are advertising the note 10.1 2014 with the new magazine UI, hopefully its soon , sorry if this had already been mentioned, I just noticed it this morning while looking at the note specs on there

Can you please send a picture or link of this new magazine iu so I can see what all the fuss is about?
    Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Can you please send a picture or link of this new magazine iu so I can see what all the fuss is about?
    Thanks
    http://www.phonedog.com/2014/01/08/t...d-magazine-ux/

Its not so much the new UI in fussed about, its KitKat I'm happy about

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Thanks
    Sure...
    That should give you a good idea

Ooo. Did anyone else see the bluetooth speaker? Going to have to check that out.

Looking at that video appears to indicate that those features which are now available to a rooted tablet will now become common for kitkat. I am talking about the 4 multi-windows and having more apps available to that function. This would be really cool.

Not to bum us out, but Samsung is NOT advertising the Note 10.1 2014 with the Magazine UX interface. Everything in their sites (I've checked both US and UK) for this model still shows the 'old' TouchWiz. Only the Pro models are being advertised with the new design. Also, the latest 'leak' of confirmed upcoming upgrades to KitKat, unfortunately, didn't include this tablet

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Not to bum us out, but Samsung is NOT advertising the Note 10.1 2014 with the Magazine UX interface. Everything in their sites (I've checked both US and UK) for this model still shows the 'old' TouchWiz. Only the Pro models are being advertised with the new design. Also, the latest 'leak' of confirmed upcoming upgrades to KitKat, unfortunately, didn't include this tablet
    A lot of mixed messages... if you look at the description of our tablet on the Samsung France site, it does show the Magazine UX under the heading "My Magazine" which as we know is the Flipboard based app that we all have... but the description that I translated describes it to be the actual new Magazine UX with customizable panes. There is still hope for us yet it is a bit unsettling that Samsung has never once mentioned our tablet since the introduction of the new ones, nor mentioned anything about software upgrades. The multi window description still only mentions 2 side by side apps and not 4. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Reading it again,the description might actually refer to the My Magazine app we all have... who knows

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: 4.4.2 must not be far away-ux.jpg
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

This is from the USA Samsung site where i got it from to begin with, i`d say this is a pretty good advertisement for it. Maybe its going to be a modified version for ours, as you would have no reason to buy a Tab Pro 10.1 for more money than the note when the note has the same specs

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: 4.4.2 must not be far away-magazine-ux.jpg

Guess they don't want to sell the new one to me :P Hahaha The US Site is still showing the 'old' features for me, no matter how many times I hit refresh. I tried it in two other computers as well...

I do hope they update this soon, and as for the Tab Pro, if I'm not mistaken it's got less RAM than ours? And that's without the S-Pen, too...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Guess they don't want to sell the new one to me :P Hahaha The US Site is still showing the 'old' features for me, no matter how many times I hit refresh. I tried it in two other computers as well...

I do hope they update this soon, and as for the Tab Pro, if I'm not mistaken it's got less RAM than ours? And that's without the S-Pen, too...
    think you`re right, i think the tab only has 2gb, and strange how you dont see this on your features, i sent a message to Samsung USA on twitter, see if we get an answer
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Samsung Mobile US ‏@SamsungMobileUS 58s
    @AngryEnglishDan Unfortunately, we don't have any information about updates at this time. Thanks for reaching out, Dan! Please check back.
    Expand

I've lost faith to that account hehe When the S4 got its first update, a bunch of us were already receiving it and they were still replying that they didn't have any information on S4 updates

Hopefully we will see it soon but Samsung is not known for timely releases or support of devices.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Hopefully we will see it soon but Samsung is not known for timely releases or support of devices.
    You`re right about that, im hoping we hear some news at the Unpacked event on Feb 24th

The Tab pro's only have 2GB
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE - Full phone specifications

But I'm pretty sure that Note 10.1 2014, will get 4.4.2 and the Magazine UX in march/april...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Pedling View Post
    The Tab pro's only have 2GB
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE - Full phone specifications

But I'm pretty sure that Note 10.1 2014, will get 4.4.2 and the Magazine UX in march/april...
    Other than it being on KitKat I do not see the point in anyone buying the tab pro 10.1

Other than it being on KitKat I do not see the point in anyone buying the tab pro 10.1

Considering that the 16GB versions are the same prices at Best Buy I am right there with you. I have not really used the S pen but I do like having it as an option.

I guess I'm the odd one out. I don't want a magazine UI. Maybe I'm just old school (or just OLD). But I like arrangeable icons on my home screens so I can control where and how they look, for me to be the most productive with it.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:
    Uschiekid and Katrina White1 like this.

I'm with you Diane, I also DON'T want the new Magazine UX to ever come to any of my phones. I don't like MyMagazine as an app, I certainly don't want it as a HomeScreen, even if I change the launcher anyway :P

As for the reason to choose the Tab, I'm not sure, I heard somewhere that this time around the Pro models DO have NFC, something I never thought I'd miss having, but with my Note 3 and how easy it is to share stuff via NFC I often find myself trying to beam things to the tablet, only to remember I can't just tap the two together.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I don't want a magazine UI. Maybe I'm just old school (or just OLD). But I like arrangeable icons on my home screens so I can control where and how they look, for me to be the most productive with it.
    You still have the old icon look, you can remove "most" of the Magazine UX, they are just widgets, you can long press and delete them, the only one you cannot is the weather date and time widget, but if you move that on to your homescreen it will delete the other pages, this is how it works on the 8.4 tab pro

Y
    You still have the old icon look, you can remove "most" of the Magazine UX, they are just widgets, you can long press and delete them, the only one you cannot is the weather date and time widget, but if you move that on to your homescreen it will delete the other pages, this is how it works on the 8.4 tab pro
    Ya I kinda figured there were options do that, I mean after all even controlled windoze8 lets you change back to 7 style desktop
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Just an FYI...according to Phandroid, our tablet is on the official list for the 4.4 update. No mention of Magazine UX.

We’d already gotten word from an inside source that Samsung had big plans for KitKat, and those rumors have just become reality. Samsung has just officially announced that 14 different Galaxy devices will be receiving the upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat. That’s a lot of devices, so let’s not waste any time and jump right into it:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Samsung Galaxy Light
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Samsung made it a point to mention that “select” carrier editions of all these devices would get it, which pretty much means it’s up to your carrier to decide whether or not they’ll ultimately bring it to their version of any of these. We have a feeling quite a few of the devices on this list are going to be updated on nearly every carrier imaginable, though, so we wouldn’t worry too much about missing out.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Hopefully it hits soon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast