Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pinterest widget missing?

Hey.

I just got the Galaxy Note 10.1. I've just noticed that I don't seem to have a Pinterest widget. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and there's no widget there. I was just wondering whether this is a freak thing on my tablet for whether the Pinterest widget just doesn't work on the 10.1 inch tablet. The widget works on the Note 3.

It's obviously not a huge deal. I just thought that widget would look gorgeous on a 10.1 inch screen.

Global Posts
    22,244 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Pinterest widget missing?

There either is supposed to be a widget for it and it isn't working, or the developer gave up on a widget for the device. I would email them letting them know of the issue.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Running the latest version from Google Play, I don't see a widget on my Note 3 nor in the Note 10.1.

Also, I haven't seen a widget being mentioned in any of the dev's changelog with all the updates, are you sure your phone (the one you can see a widget) has the official version and that the widget belongs to that app? Maybe it's a third party widget...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Running the latest version from Google Play, I don't see a widget on my Note 3 nor in the Note 10.1.

Also, I haven't seen a widget being mentioned in any of the dev's changelog with all the updates, are you sure your phone (the one you can see a widget) has the official version and that the widget belongs to that app? Maybe it's a third party widget...
    Interesting. The widget on my Note 3 appears to be directly connected to the Pinterest app. This is a new phone. I haven't downloaded any third party Pinterest apps to it. Maybe the widget isn't working completely yet so it's hit or miss on Note devices?

Can you post a screenshot of the Widget and the selection list? Or even better, which version of the app are you running?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm running Pinterest 2.3.0 on the Note 3.

I can't seem to post a screenshot here. When I try to upload a photo to the post, there's no OK button for me to click to insert the image. I'll add it if someone can tell me why that isn't working. I've tried two browsers. Maybe I'm just having that sort of a morning....

There is no"ok" button so to speak.

just tap the image icon on the toolbar on this post page. Then a dialog box will appear for you to navigate to find the image. browse, find the image, then tap "upload"

once you do that,, you should see some bb code on your post that shows "attatch" in brackets and some numbers .

that's what includes your image

will look like this:
    Pinterest widget missing?-attach.jpg

Then just tap to post reply,
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    There is no"ok" button so to speak.

just tap the image icon on the toolbar on this post page. Then a dialog box will appear for you to navigate to find the image. browse, find the image, then tap "upload"

once you do that,, you should see some bb code on your post that shows "attatch" in brackets and some numbers .

that's what includes your image
    will look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attach.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	104331

Then just tap to post reply,
    But I don't have an upload button. When I click on the image icon, a box comes up and asks me to browse for the file. I find the file, and select it. Then, there's nothing else that I can do. I can't finish the upload procedure. My file is found, but it isn't uploaded. I see the words "uploaded files" and a blank space. The words "uploaded files" are not an active link so I can't do anything there either. Pressing return doesn't help. I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Something seems to be missing...

Maybe my computer has a firewall that is affecting it in some way. I can try using my tablet to upload later. I've got to dash to class now.

Well that's odd.. I have the same Pinterest version. Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by hokie_prof View Post
    But I don't have an upload button. When I click on the image icon, a box comes up and asks me to browse for the file. I find the file, and select it. Then, there's nothing else that I can do. I can't finish the upload procedure. My file is found, but it isn't uploaded. I see the words "uploaded files" and a blank space. The words "uploaded files" are not an active link so I can't do anything there either. Pressing return doesn't help. I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Something seems to be missing...

Maybe my computer has a firewall that is affecting it in some way. I can try using my tablet to upload later. I've got to dash to class now.
    try doing this on the tablet? not that it should matter.

here is the screen sequence of what you should see to post apic (the upload image is just words, but if you tap it, it's hot (active to perform the action)

Pinterest widget missing?-imageposting.jpg
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

If it helps, one thing I've found (shame on you, Android Central Forums!) is that there's no progress indication for he upload. You just click it, and... then it uploads. Depending on your connection speed and file size it can be quick or slow, but the thing is you don't know how far along it is.

OK, so I did some Googling, and, is your Note 3 in O2 or any Telefnica subsidiary network by any chance? From what I saw, back in October, Telefnica and Pinterest struck a deal to include this widget exclusively on their new handsets but available as part of the Google Play version for existing users. Now, according to the news clips, the exclusivity would eventually end and the widget would be made available worldwide, but none I found stated a date for this. That might explain why it works on your Note 3 and not in your Note 10.1 (nor in my Note 3).
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Ah ha! I guess I just had an ungodly slow connection this morning because I couldn't see a thing happening. It only took a couple of seconds to upload this time.

I'm on Verizon. I had the same Pinterest widget on my last phone - the LG Intuition. I just thought that everybody had it. It's a cool widget. It's scrollable. It would look fabulous on a full-sized tablet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pinterest widget missing?-pintrest-screenshot.jpg  

Yeah, it seems it's carrier-branded then too bad, I'd too like a Pinterest widget or at least be able to add Pinterest to FlipBoard (sorry, just don't like the dumbed-down version they call MyMagazine).

Under the "advanced" edit window,,,, Scroll down to "Attachments" and select "manage attachments" and follow process as its presented to you... Multiple windows and features in "manage attachments" ... you may have to scroll up/down to have success in what you are trying to do....

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.