Pinterest widget missing?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey.

I just got the Galaxy Note 10.1. I've just noticed that I don't seem to have a Pinterest widget. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and there's no widget there. I was just wondering whether this is a freak thing on my tablet for whether the Pinterest widget just doesn't work on the 10.1 inch tablet. The widget works on the Note 3.

It's obviously not a huge deal. I just thought that widget would look gorgeous on a 10.1 inch screen.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There either is supposed to be a widget for it and it isn't working, or the developer gave up on a widget for the device. I would email them letting them know of the issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Running the latest version from Google Play, I don't see a widget on my Note 3 nor in the Note 10.1.

Also, I haven't seen a widget being mentioned in any of the dev's changelog with all the updates, are you sure your phone (the one you can see a widget) has the official version and that the widget belongs to that app? Maybe it's a third party widget...

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Running the latest version from Google Play, I don't see a widget on my Note 3 nor in the Note 10.1.

Also, I haven't seen a widget being mentioned in any of the dev's changelog with all the updates, are you sure your phone (the one you can see a widget) has the official version and that the widget belongs to that app? Maybe it's a third party widget...

Interesting. The widget on my Note 3 appears to be directly connected to the Pinterest app. This is a new phone. I haven't downloaded any third party Pinterest apps to it. Maybe the widget isn't working completely yet so it's hit or miss on Note devices?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of the Widget and the selection list? Or even better, which version of the app are you running?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Pinterest 2.3.0 on the Note 3.

I can't seem to post a screenshot here. When I try to upload a photo to the post, there's no OK button for me to click to insert the image. I'll add it if someone can tell me why that isn't working. I've tried two browsers. Maybe I'm just having that sort of a morning....

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
There is no"ok" button so to speak.

just tap the image icon on the toolbar on this post page. Then a dialog box will appear for you to navigate to find the image. browse, find the image, then tap "upload"

once you do that,, you should see some bb code on your post that shows "attatch" in brackets and some numbers .

that's what includes your image

will look like this:
attach.jpg

Then just tap to post reply,

Last edited:

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no"ok" button so to speak.

just tap the image icon on the toolbar on this post page. Then a dialog box will appear for you to navigate to find the image. browse, find the image, then tap "upload"

once you do that,, you should see some bb code on your post that shows "attatch" in brackets and some numbers .

that's what includes your image
will look like this:
View attachment 104331

Then just tap to post reply,

But I don't have an upload button. When I click on the image icon, a box comes up and asks me to browse for the file. I find the file, and select it. Then, there's nothing else that I can do. I can't finish the upload procedure. My file is found, but it isn't uploaded. I see the words "uploaded files" and a blank space. The words "uploaded files" are not an active link so I can't do anything there either. Pressing return doesn't help. I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Something seems to be missing...

Maybe my computer has a firewall that is affecting it in some way. I can try using my tablet to upload later. I've got to dash to class now.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
But I don't have an upload button. When I click on the image icon, a box comes up and asks me to browse for the file. I find the file, and select it. Then, there's nothing else that I can do. I can't finish the upload procedure. My file is found, but it isn't uploaded. I see the words "uploaded files" and a blank space. The words "uploaded files" are not an active link so I can't do anything there either. Pressing return doesn't help. I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Something seems to be missing...

Maybe my computer has a firewall that is affecting it in some way. I can try using my tablet to upload later. I've got to dash to class now.

try doing this on the tablet? not that it should matter.

here is the screen sequence of what you should see to post apic (the upload image is just words, but if you tap it, it's hot (active to perform the action)

imageposting.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it helps, one thing I've found (shame on you, Android Central Forums!) is that there's no progress indication for he upload. You just click it, and... then it uploads. Depending on your connection speed and file size it can be quick or slow, but the thing is you don't know how far along it is.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I did some Googling, and, is your Note 3 in O2 or any Telef?nica subsidiary network by any chance? From what I saw, back in October, Telef?nica and Pinterest struck a deal to include this widget exclusively on their new handsets but available as part of the Google Play version for existing users. Now, according to the news clips, the exclusivity would eventually end and the widget would be made available worldwide, but none I found stated a date for this. That might explain why it works on your Note 3 and not in your Note 10.1 (nor in my Note 3).

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah ha! I guess I just had an ungodly slow connection this morning because I couldn't see a thing happening. It only took a couple of seconds to upload this time.

I'm on Verizon. I had the same Pinterest widget on my last phone - the LG Intuition. I just thought that everybody had it. It's a cool widget. It's scrollable. It would look fabulous on a full-sized tablet.

Attachments

• PIntrest screenshot.jpg
    PIntrest screenshot.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 10

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it seems it's carrier-branded then :( too bad, I'd too like a Pinterest widget or at least be able to add Pinterest to FlipBoard (sorry, just don't like the dumbed-down version they call MyMagazine).

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Under the "advanced" edit window,,,, Scroll down to "Attachments" and select "manage attachments" and follow process as its presented to you... Multiple windows and features in "manage attachments" ... you may have to scroll up/down to have success in what you are trying to do....

Dale

zumaE

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I ran into the same issue on my Sony device as well as my Samsung tablet. Both devices had the widget available and working well until one day, they just disappeared.
It looks like this has to do with moving the main Pinterest app to the SD card. When it moves, the widget dissolves or can't communicate with the main app and therefore is removed from the home screen. I'm going to report it to the Pinterest app developers as a bug. Hopefully they will get it fixed in a future release.
In the mean time, move Pinterest back to the main device storage and you should be able to add it back to your home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34