Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to claim your Perks when you buy a Refurbished Note 2014 from Groupon

Ok, people have been thinking that you cannot claim your Samsung Perks if you buy the refurbished Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 from group on..... well you can

1st, when you get your new note look on the box and you will see a serial number beginning with RF, you will need that

2nd go to SAMSUNG

3rd, you should already be on the Galaxy Note page, hit register, fill in your details, now when it comes to inputting your serial number do not use the one from the tablet, use the one from the plain white box beginning with RF, then put in your MAC Address from settings> general> Status

4th you will get a message telling you "thanks for registering we will send you an email", i got my email with 10 mins, make sure you check your spam folder or on Gmail check your promotions folder as it will go there.

5th open email.... WIN

i got the $25 Google play credit and a $50 credit to Samsung Hub
    Thanked by:

Default Re: How to claim your Perks when you buy a Refurbished Note 2014 from Groupon

You should be able to claim once u open your browser

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Default Re: How to claim your Perks when you buy a Refurbished Note 2014 from Groupon

and...if you bought a GN/2014 and exchanged it for another one (I upgraded to the 32GB version), they'll ADD those perks from the 2nd tablet to the 1st tablet you registered. When I got my 32GB tab, I called Samsung to find out how the perks thing will work with a different s/n. He said you'll just register the new tab and the Hub and Google Play perks will be ADDED to your previous tablet? Really? "Yes, really". And they really did! So I had $50 in Google Play Store credits and $100 in Hub credits. Having a hard time spending it! Wanted to buy movies for the grandchildren but I'm on a 10GB/month data cap with my Internet provider so I can't download everything at once. I've asked if they'll extend the time I have to use the perks. They'r'e "thinking about it"
    How to claim your Perks when you buy a Refurbished Note 2014 from Groupon-screenshot_2014-02-13-03-38-25-1.jpg

Thanks, just redemed my rewards!

Posted via Android Central App

Is this for the US only?

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    Ok, people have been thinking that you cannot claim your Samsung Perks if you buy the refurbished Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 from group on..... well you can

1st, when you get your new note look on the box and you will see a serial number beginning with RF, you will need that

2nd go to SAMSUNG

3rd, you should already be on the Galaxy Note page, hit register, fill in your details, now when it comes to inputting your serial number do not use the one from the tablet, use the one from the plain white box beginning with RF, then put in your MAC Address from settings> general> Status

4th you will get a message telling you "thanks for registering we will send you an email", i got my email with 10 mins, make sure you check your spam folder or on Gmail check your promotions folder as it will go there.

5th open email.... WIN

You're awesome for this! Just redeemed!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Nice for you , however the person that gets the tablet you returned will not be able to get the perks as you already used them.

The Note 10.1 2014 that I bought from Groupon had been registered and the perks used so now I don't get them. Not Happy!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    Nice for you , however the person that gets the tablet you returned will not be able to get the perks as you already used them.

The Note 10.1 2014 that I bought from Groupon had been registered and the perks used so now I don't get them. Not Happy!
    Did you contact Samsung? These are direct from Samsung so if you have proof of purchase they should fix you up

The perks are a nice to have...well some of them but they really should not impact your decision on whether or not to purchase the tablet. For most people the $50 Samsung hub is worthless. The Dropbox 50gb is nice but it is only for a limited time. The best reward is the $25 on Google Play. But again they are nice to haves and did not impact my purchase decision.

The Samsung hub worthless? I bought movies. I don't think its worthless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    The Samsung hub worthless? I bought movies. I don't think its worthless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    you can have my movies and anything else that Samsung has to offer on their portal. To me it is worthless.

I received the registration email but there was no promo code included so I cannot sign up for the various promos. Can you suggest anything to help? Samsung support is no help, either on the phone or thru webmaster. Somehow I was registered in the UK instead of US and that may be the problem. They are telling me it is not possible to change country registration once it is done.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

This is the reply from Samsung Perks.
    According to the serial number it appears the item is refurbished. I apologize but refurbished items are not eligible for the Galaxy Perks due to the perks being already redeemed by someone else. This information can be found in our terms of service at the bottom of the registration page or by following the link below.
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SAMSUNG NOTE 10.1 2014 GALAXY PERKS OFFER
    Previously registered devices are not eligible for this offer. (That's what happened to me, previously registered came up when I registered the tablet.)

Just received my Note 2014 10.1 from woot and this method no longer works. Darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze78 View Post
    Just received my Note 2014 10.1 from woot and this method no longer works. Darn it.
    Unless something changed in the last 3 weeks, it worked fine for me. Mine was also a Woot purchase. I wasn't aware of this post, all I did was go to Samsung's site and started the registration there. I got $25 credit for the Google Play Store, 3 free months of SiriusXM online listening, 3 months of Hulu Plus, a year of Boingo (WiFi hotspot service), 3 magazines on Zinio and 3 audio books on Audible. I didn't see anything in my "free gifts" email with info about $50 on Samsung Hub. I dismissed the 50GB on Dropbox when it popped up on the device as I don't have an account but I could have let my brother use it if I would have gotten a code to enter for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hallux View Post
    Unless something changed in the last 3 weeks, it worked fine for me. Mine was also a Woot purchase. I wasn't aware of this post, all I did was go to Samsung's site and started the registration there. I got $25 credit for the Google Play Store, 3 free months of SiriusXM online listening, 3 months of Hulu Plus, a year of Boingo (WiFi hotspot service), 3 magazines on Zinio and 3 audio books on Audible. I didn't see anything in my "free gifts" email with info about $50 on Samsung Hub. I dismissed the 50GB on Dropbox when it popped up on the device as I don't have an account but I could have let my brother use it if I would have gotten a code to enter for it.
    I understand all of that, but it just doesn't work. Every time I try to submit (triple-checked for accuracy) both the serial and MAC fields just turn red and I can't go any further.

No clue.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Probably the first owner registered it and now you can't get the perks becauase they already got them. That's what happened to me. I called Samsung and it had previously been registered. Good luck!

I just bought one off Woot, and this worked for me. I got the email today within minutes of registering, and I have already gotten my $25 credit on Google Play. Thanks for the tip!

Wondering if there is any way I can do this without the box? I bought mine off craigslist from a guy. Long story short he didn't have the box (it was in his storage facility an hour and a half away...the tablet was basically brand new though in pristine condition).

Anything I can do?

I bought a refurb one, and could not redeem my perks.

They won't let you! =(

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post

2nd go to SAMSUNG

5th open email.... WIN

where you get the $50 in galaxy perks from? Didn't get that when i bought mine new

I know you asked a month ago, but if you go to settings, general, about device, status, the serial and mac will be there.

I got a $50 credit from Samsung Hub as well.. Brand new device

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

I just recently bought my Galaxy Note 10.1 and want to thank you so much for your informative post. I would never have known about this if I didn't read your post.