1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video Camera Feature with USB or Bluetooth Microphone...

This request may be a little more reasonable than the USB camera request I made earlier... I want to film a school graduation later this year and plan to mount tablet on tripod (I know more issues there to get quality mount that does not block camera or vibrate & wiggle) ) and anyway I have to think onboard microphone will be pretty lame for this event.... Does anybody know if a USB (OTG) or Bluetooth microphone will actually pick up sound and record it along with the the video stream?... IF so can you suggest apps that may do this....

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Default Re: Video Camera Feature with USB or Bluetooth Microphone...

Note 10.1 2014 has great mic performance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Loving this thing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes but my concerns is "camera" is going to be 20-30 feet from ceremony and I was looking for a mic that is more directional... Don't particular want to record all the background chatter near where tablet will be..... I know I can get various mics with different performance, but will tablet/video app accept external mic?.... That is real question...

Dale

Dale, what kind of tripod will you be using for your tablet? And do you think it will block the view for others? I can't see this working but apparently you can so I was just curious what the setup would look like
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The tripod will be a "video type, and a custom made mount for tablet, video will be share a platform specially for this sort of thing (feature in location we are going to use) near rear of room, may have to share location with others, but that is not issue..... Have worked out all the mount issues and USB hub issues (charging and mic or what ever needs connecting) ... Only thing that really stymies me is Apps... Most are pretty limited to what hey will do or pretty lame and may work ok for tiny screens of phones but are p o o p on big screen tablet....

Mount will be similar to this or this one slightly modified to take slightly smaller form factor of 10,1 2014 edition....

And it will mount to this ball mount assembly that will be secured to tripod....

The real issue here is if I can find apps that will work before I go out and spend $100 -$150 for mounts and mic and USB hub and hardware to make all this happen....

Dale
    Last edited by Dale_M; 02-13-2014 at 03:29 PM.