multiple time zones on locked screen

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello
On my phone-nexus4, and nexus 7, which are kitkat 4.4.2, the clock on the locked screen has the ability to show times of multiple cities, so I dont have to unlock my device to check time of a particular zone. But on Note 10.1 2014, that is missing. I have put a world clock app, and its widget on a home screen, and it shows multiple timezones, but have not been able to find any app or widget which will put that on the locked screen. BTW, my locked screens are with pin numbers, not just slide lock.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
sorry, just checked, and the multiple timezones have disappeared from my phone and nexus 7 too. I really need these timezones to be shown on the locked screen. Please please help.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the Nexus, but on all Samsung devices (and I agree with them), if you use a secure lockscreen, then lockscreen widgets are not available. If you're using a PIN, then that's probably why you can't get those.

I can't remember if it's there or not for the tablet (I don't have it in front of me right now) but if the lockscreen settings are the same as in my Note 3 (most things are), there's an option to show a dual time on the lockscreen clock widget.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi
The only settings I have on lock screen ---> clock widget options are the size and show date (on my note 10.1)
thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then it's been removed for the tablet :( In any case, you could have other clock apps like Beautiful Widgets or I'm sure there has to be a dual clock widget somewhere out there. But again, if you have a secure lockscreen, then you're out of luck as widgets will not work then. Maybe there's an app that puts a dual clock on your notification bar?

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
OK, I have xposed framework on note 10.1 2014, so installed xdualclock and xmultizone mods and now have multiple timezones, at least on my status bar. Still would love to have it on the locked screen though.
Havent installed on other devices, and am not going to. So still need other solutions for them.
thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing if your other (Samsung) devices are cell-enabled, not just WiFi, the auto-dual zone clock lockscreen widget should be present. I've checked my Note 3, a friend's Note 8 (LTE) with JellyBean and another friend's S4 and they all have the clock lockscreen widget with auto-dual zone function. My WiFi Note 10.1 2014 and a WiFi Note 8 don't have the dual zone function. So, I'm guessing this has to do with cell service to detect the time zone.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello
@SpookDroid
Thanks. I again checked my nexus 7(no cell-enabled) and nexus 4(cell-enabled), and added the clock back again to the locked screen, and what do you know? The newly added clock showed all my added timezones! So I just replaced my old clock widget with this one, and now I am happy, at least for nexus 7 and 4. Now only, if there was something similar for note 10.1 2014 tablet. Siiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Never satisfied, are we? :)
thank you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781