1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

Okay so I finally got my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 love it, but I waited till my battery is dead to recharge the first night it charged to 50% now I've go the red X through the battery an this s when I'm using my charger that came with it. So I find a another USB charger around the house witch seems to be charging fine, but is it good enough to really get the full charge?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-04-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Default Re: charging the note 10.1 2014 edition

I had that same red x with the charger. It means the charger cable is bad. I called Samsung and they sent a replacement. They new one works fine.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I've had that same issue with a cable I purchased but all was fine after it was replaced. Speaking of charging the Note, 2014: Although my battery life has been pretty good, when I do need to charge my tablet, it takes several hours to fully charge & it seems like forever if I'm using the tablet while its charging. Anyone else experiencing this?? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good name wall charger (adaptor) possibly one with a higher Amp for a quicker charge, I'd like to know what your using. Thanks guys (&gals!)

Quote Originally Posted by DMarie04 View Post
    I've had that same issue with a cable I purchased but all was fine after it was replaced. Speaking of charging the Note, 2014: Although my battery life has been pretty good, when I do need to charge my tablet, it takes several hours to fully charge & it seems like forever if I'm using the tablet while its charging. Anyone else experiencing this?? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good name wall charger (adaptor) possibly one with a higher Amp for a quicker charge, I'd like to know what your using. Thanks guys (&gals!)
    If its the WiFi version, it will take around 5H to charge and if you using it while charging. It will take much longer and wont help if using others charger.
    Input is controlled by the device, so it wont get fried or damage the circuits and using ex. 3 amp. It dont charge the tablet at 3amp, all depends on the limit input of the device and also on the cable quality. So far I found the best charging cable (only for charging and no data) is able to output max around 1700mah and if using a 3amp charger. Output from charger will still be 1700mah max and its limit by the cable.
    Samsung usb cable that comes along with the tablet, is able to output around max 1700mah and somehow Samsung made the data working too.

I plug my Tab in at 10pm at 22% and when I unplug it at 6am it's only at 58%. What seems to be the problem?
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    I plug my Tab in at 10pm at 22% and when I unplug it at 6am it's only at 58%. What seems to be the problem?
    There might be some app draining the battery. Check the battery in the settings menu at 6am (after the night charging) to see what's using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbuch View Post
    There might be some app draining the battery. Check the battery in the settings menu at 6am (after the night charging) to see what's using it.
    I think I found the culprit. Exchange Services (Microsoft mail) was eating a lot of battery. I changed it from "push" to "check every 5 minutes" and the problem went away. Also, battery lasts a lot longer now. Last I looked I still had 74% after 5 hours.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)