Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Incompetent CS/TS & Question About Letting Them "Take Control" of My Tablet

I think, had I known how incompetent, unorganized/insufficient Samsung was, I would have never bought this tablet! They are almost as bad as HughesNet (satellite internet) and folks, that's BAD!!! They can't even route calls correctly. At first I thought it was me...it's not. They can't keep up with ticket numbers. At first I thought it was me...it's not. I haven't lost my temper yet (that honor goes to HughesNet) but I'm thinking about it! And none of my calls have been concerning problems with the tablet it's self, until now. I needed help with the whole Hub credit thing. Turned out I got bad information from ts and based on that info, the following ts agents couldn't help so against my better judgement I let them connect to my tablet to "better assist me". That turned out to be totally uncalled for once they realized what I had been told. Here is what I think might be a problem since allowing them access to my tablet. I UNINSTALLED the app that allows them to access my tablet but ever since that day, my GN has been suffering performance wise. Sluggish commands, movies stuttering and some text taking a second or two to reach it's full resolution...will look pixel-ed at first. Do you think this is a coincidence or could that have caused these type issues?
    Monica

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Incompetent CS/TS & Question About Letting Them "Take Control" of My Tablet

Couple questions: What was the name of the app? Are you rooted?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Samsung Incompetent CS/TS & Question About Letting Them "Take Control" of My Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I think, had I known how incompetent, unorganized/insufficient Samsung was, I would have never bought this tablet! They are almost as bad as HughesNet (satellite internet) and folks, that's BAD!!! They can't even route calls correctly. At first I thought it was me...it's not. They can't keep up with ticket numbers. At first I thought it was me...it's not. I haven't lost my temper yet (that honor goes to HughesNet) but I'm thinking about it! And none of my calls have been concerning problems with the tablet it's self, until now. I needed help with the whole Hub credit thing. Turned out I got bad information from ts and based on that info, the following ts agents couldn't help so against my better judgement I let them connect to my tablet to "better assist me". That turned out to be totally uncalled for once they realized what I had been told. Here is what I think might be a problem since allowing them access to my tablet. I UNINSTALLED the app that allows them to access my tablet but ever since that day, my GN has been suffering performance wise. Sluggish commands, movies stuttering and some text taking a second or two to reach it's full resolution...will look pixel-ed at first. Do you think this is a coincidence or could that have caused these type issues?
    Monica
    I have let them do that remote in deal, with (not so) Smart Tutor. I found them also to be incompetent and the software itself is faulty and rarely works on the first try. But I did not find any lasting performance issue following the session.

But Samsung's overall phone support has been A HUGE disappointment.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

They can't keep up with ticket numbers. At first I thought it was me...it's not.
    Monica
    They must be running touchwiz or another self developed application
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I knew someone was going to ask me that. I don't recall the name of the app (in the Play Store) they had me download and install and I've already removed it.
    And no, I'm not rooted.

I knew someone was going to ask me that. I don't recall the name of the app (in the Play Store) they had me download and install and I've already removed it.
    And no, I'm not rooted.
    it's called Smart Tutor , should be called "dysfunctional moron remote"
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Rockets123 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

162/85...that's my blood pressure after getting off the phone with some grade school drop-out that pretends to work for Samsung. Do the guys over at Apple have a brain? If so, I thinking of jumping ship. God forbid I ever have a real problem with my tablet. I'm just trying to get some time added to my allotted time frame to use my Hub credits. My tablet is registered, I've made numerous calls (mostly "how do I" calls concerning the Hub). Last call was almost 2 hours and ended in "Jammar" telling me he'd call me back in two days. He didn't...surprise! But he did give me an "Everglades" ticket number. So today, not only does this level 3 tech support ***** not know what an "Everglades" number is, they have no record of me what so ever! I'm starting to see why my parents just let things like this go. They're too afraid of having a stroke! Going to have some chocolate and try again. This time I'm going straight to a supervisor (not holding my breath for a better outcome).

I dealt with their "tech support" the other day. The information they have is not up to date or accurate. I find online chatting to be less frustrating than getting the *** hats on the phone. At least I can easily accomplish other things while I am dealing with them.

I too had issues with their TS people. They came to the point of saying the only Bluetooth device that is compatible with this tablet is listed on their website - none of the accessories were bluetooth meaning nothing is compatible. When I finally nailed them with the logic of why did they include BT functionality if nothing is compatible with it, they had me send it in for repair which they did very quickly. Given your frustration, take screen shots of each page/folder for reconstruction, save whatever data to the ExtSD and wipe it clean.