Turn off Pin lock

Steve Goodman

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if you guys have solved this yet or not.

Installed FoxFi today on my Note 3 and ran into the same Screen Lock Password issue everyone else has. I was easily able to change it back to swipe....but found out the FoxFi app has to be active to do this.

With FoxFi active...go to Settings, Screen Lock, Enter the passcode FoxFi made you create, All options including Swipe are now available.

FoxFi now works and I have my swipe screen back....no passcode.

I Hope this Helps.

myklnh

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Just had same issue. Try Settings -> Security -> Clear credentials

My issue came about after installing an app that set up VPN and it required a secure screen lock. Above worked for me after uninstalling the product ,VPN definition and user credential related to VPN. Must have been stored somewhere that lasted through a reboot. Clearing credentials worked for me.

amitm madaan

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
When I set up my tablet to work with the wifi at my office, I was forced to use a PIN to lock my Galaxy Note tablet. I can't figure out how to turn it back off. When I go into settings and click on PIN, it just asks me for the number again. Anyone know how to disable that feature? It annoys me.

Posted via Android Central App

Pls go to settings...device..personalisation...lock screen...screen lock...and change any setting u want.. ur problem is solved

Last edited by a moderator:

phiree yuen

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My issue came about after installing an app that set up VPN and it required a secure screen lock. Above worked for me after uninstalling the product ,VPN definition and user credential related to VPN. Must have been stored somewhere that lasted through a reboot. Clearing credentials worked for me.

update: but after reboot, the vpn settings are lost........
worked on my kitkat. thanks. i have search a lot in those days, and finally get rid of it. tks ag/

phiree yuen

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

update: but after reboot, the vpn settings are lost........
worked on my kitkat. thanks. i have search a lot in those days, and finally get rid of it. tks ag/
try OpenConnect if your vpn server supports Cisco Anyconnect.

hari p

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I have solved disabling pin/password by decryption of memory card.

Samsung Galaxy:
Settings-->More-->security-->Encrypt External SD card-->disable.

After disabling go to my device-->lock screen-->Screen lock--> all the features will be enabled. You will be able to choose your own security now.

Regards,
Hari

jayEvo1

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings then security then device administrators and uncheck what is causing the policy to be enforced

wsaade_your instruction has helped me the most thank you.. but you failed to mention that after you uncheck the option: Android Device Manager (at least in my Note 4).. you still have to go back and do the following:
1.. select Lock screen
2.. press Screen lock
3.. Enter your password
4.. Press Continue
5.. Press None

Voila.. your dreadful lockscreen pin is gone :)

RafaelLVX

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I think I finally figured it out. This article says that I need to delete out all of the credentials on my device. It also makes it sound like that's a dreadful idea. For now, I think I'm going to just deal with my pin number.

I had the same problem in my HTC one M7 (couldn't clear PIN lock after installing FoxFi) and this was the only solution that worked.

The article raised a security issue but here I think clearing credentials kept the important ones, as my phone still has dozens of system credentials registered. Simply deleting FoxFi's credential wouldn't do the trick.

And good riddance FoxFi (it wasn't working for me anyway).

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Lynell Pople

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything listed above and it seems to be that each reply held part of the key to turning off the pin lock. . I too, had installed Foxfi and been forced to set up a pin lock. When I attempted to go to lock screen and entered the pin all the choices for "swipe, face unlock, face and voice and pattern" were greyed out. To revert to the swipe method I followed this sequence of entries:

Turn on Foxfi wireless
Settings>security>clear credentials
Settings> lock screen>screen lock> enter pin> swipe.

At the point that you enter your pin in the above sequence, the choices will NOT be greyed out and you can select "swipe". Foxfi still works.

Hope this helps someone. I think we all get the lock screen different ways and it is sometimes super easy to remove the pin and other times it requires more steps. The key for me was having Foxfi turned on

Last edited:

Ericka Washer

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything listed above and it seems to be that each reply held part of the key to turning off the pin lock. . I too, had installed Foxfi and been forced to set up a pin lock. When I attempted to go to lock screen and entered the pin all the choices for "swipe, face unlock, face and voice and pattern" were greyed out. To revert to the swipe method I followed this sequence of entries:

Turn on Foxfi wireless
Settings>security>clear credentials
Settings> lock screen>screen lock> enter pin> swipe.

At the point that you enter your pin in the above sequence, the choices will NOT be greyed out and you can select "swipe". Foxfi still works.

Hope this helps someone. I think we all get the lock screen different ways and it is sometimes super easy to remove the pin and other times it requires more steps. The key for me was having Foxfi turned on

thank you so much for posting that. I was at a loss. I almost cried because I didn't want to reset my phone again. And I'm not quite sure what caused it to happen because I do not have Foxfi
installed. The closest I can tell is that it perhaps was caused by Android device manager or gadget app. But I have no idea. Again thank you.

j1111

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thanks for that info Johnwoo. Other than your posts sometimes hard to read, Im guessing English is not your native language, and you write it far better than I could write any other language, and other than your one misogynistic post about ipads being for women, you are one very smart and helpful person. :)

thank you for this tip, greatly appreciated

Mark Galicia

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Go to WiFi - turn it on - long press WiFi - choose advanced - under Proxy - choose None. After that you will be available to choose any security option for lockscreen.
Happens to me before, when tried out VPN and took some time to figure it was VPN that causing swipe option greyed out.

My wifi had no proxies setup, so I went to general>security>clear credentials and now I can reset my phone back to swype to unlock. Thank you for the advice in the latter of the threads, I just figured I'd save someone the time scrolling all the way down. Also I am using a note3 using lollipop

olimilo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Select pattern as the way to lock, set up the pattern and the pin required, then go to the lock screen and enter a wrong pattern until it comes up a option to enter the pin, enter the pin correctly, then just don't choose any method of locking and go back.
And then your free

Enviado do meu SM-P600 atrav�s de Tapatalk

Worked for me on Verizon Note 4 5.0.1 VRU2BOF1. Thanks!

Last edited: