Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth keyboard and mouse for the note 10.1 2014? I've read some keyboards work better than others. Looking to use these in combination with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Thanks.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Default Re: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

I don't have a mouse, but I do have the Logitech K 810 Bluetooth keyboard. I've never had any problems with it and the Galaxy Note 2014, or any device I've had it paired with.
    Thanked by:
    MBM7881 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Love the look of that keyboard. A little more than I'd hope to spend but definitely tops on the list right now.
    Thanked by:

I've read that apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse work as well. I actually have my apple keyboard in a incase origami case. awesome case! I've actually had problems with my tablet with keeping a stable connection, but I think it's the tablet and not the keyboard itself. The tablet has gone back for the third time for repair of this problem.

The Apple does not support the function keys used by Android.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Yeah, it was $99 most places when I bought it a year ago but BB matched a $77 price I found on line. I love how it's backlit. Very sleek, connects up to 3 devices. Super light weight. I loved it so much that shortly after purchasing the K810, I bought it's big brother, the K800 desktop wireless backlit keyboard. Most comfortable keyboard I've ever typed on.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post

Sent via my Note 8
    Any idea if this one supports the function keys from android?

If it states Apple and no mention of Android, then no.

Via my Note 3

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

What are the function keys on android anyways?

Global Posts
    1,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Funny I was just about to ask for a keyboard for my Note lol. I just bought the Logitech K810 recommended by you monicakm off of Amazon for $73.73 and but with taxes, a 2 year warranty for $6.34, and overnight delivery for tomorrow for $8.99 and with my employee discount the total was $80.44. Not bad so thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Funny I was just about to ask for a keyboard for my Note lol. I just bought the Logitech K810 recommended by you monicakm off of Amazon for $73.73 and but with taxes, a 2 year warranty for $6.34, and overnight delivery for tomorrow for $8.99 and with my employee discount the total was $80.44. Not bad so thanks!!!!
    Cool! Please let us know how you like it! I thought I "needed" one. All my Apple friends used one but I didn't have a tablet yet. I found the K810 and thought I'd like to use it with my smartphone...and I did. LOVE LOVE that little keyboard Used it with my laptop and desktop from time to time. It impressed me so much I bought the larger wireless backlit K800. Very
    comfy keyboard So I finally get the GN/2014 (for Christmas) and find that I don't use the keyboard that much. I'm very comfortable with the screen's keyboard Oh well, when the need arises, and it will, I'll have it And yes, for overnight and a warranty, darn good deal
    Monica

Hi, I looked at this in detail and went for the anker keyboard for android on amazon, lovely well built and useful. The k180 is very expensive in comparison. Mine works well so far.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 is Tops!

Second posting regarding same issue, here's what I have experienced to date. First, I ordered a SHARKK Portable Fold-Up Stand- great product under $10. I like 'working' with the 2014 sans case and simply perched in the stand; coffee shop, kitchen, desk- couldn’t be better. Adding to this I ordered the Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard, +/- $24. Slim, lightweight- free of connect/ disconnect issues other have described using the case/ keyboard. I simply carry (traveling) an extra AAA battery (not a game changer). These two items allow me mobility and efficiency.

I have a MoKo Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Case ($16) which protects the device and doubles as a stand, but it is slightly on the bulky side. Nevertheless, I feel it keeps the day-to-day bumps and movements from damaging the device and the orange leather (my choice, its my Creamsicle coating on a white 2014!) looks great- lots of comments.

Last- I picked up a Jackery Giant High-capacity Premium Aluminum Portable Charger 10400mAh External Battery ($39)- need this for traveling as the 2014 sucks the juice. Yes, I can do more to save power but I am still learning, too lazy and have yet to review this great site more so as to implement secrets.

I have the 2014 since December- love it. Thought I would use the S-Pen more (hummm, honest moment here ...), but VERY happy its there when I need it.

If/ when I carry these items with the 2014, my messenger bags manages all perfectly. Very light, don’t know I have anything in the bag whatsoever. Better than ALL THOSE YEARS of carrying laptops weighing more than my first born and dealing with Microsoft.

Good luck.

Global Posts
    1,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Ok so I have the keyboard...love it so far. Except one thing. When I press shift+4 to make a $ symbol I get instead the percentage symbol. I read that certain settings have to be set up so what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Edit: ok so it only seems to happen within one app. I have the memoires journal app. It only happens with this app and its been happening since the keyboard bluetooth connection and it keeps happening in the app whether I use the K810 or my swiftkey tablet app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by MBM7881; 02-22-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Ok so I have the keyboard...love it so far. Except one thing. When I press shift+4 to make a $ symbol I get instead the percentage symbol. I read that certain settings have to be set up so what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Edit: ok so it only seems to happen within one app. I have the memoires journal app. It only happens with this app and its been happening since the keyboard bluetooth connection and it keeps happening in the app whether I use the K810 or my swiftkey tablet app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Glad you love it! Still working ok?

Global Posts
    1,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Glad you love it! Still working ok?
    Yea its working. I deleted that app and downloaded a different journal app. All is well again in the world lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post

Sent via my Note 8
    i'm also curious as to the specific function keys you speak of. the little testing i did, the apple keyboard's screen brightness, media control keys, and volume keys all worked.

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    this is a 2.4ghz wireless mouse... how are you using it? with an OTG cable?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Originally it was looking like this guy was going on be the winner. I like that it's proped up a bit and that it comes with a case. Unfortunately it requires batteries for power and it's a bit more than what I'd like to spend on something I'll use occasionally.

This is the one that's caught my eye. I like the slim profile and the fact that you can charge it with USB.
    I don't like how it lays flat though and all that wasted space along the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Watanabe View Post
    this is a 2.4ghz wireless mouse... how are you using it? with an OTG cable?
    Sorry I copied the wrong part of my order on Amazon - this is the mouse I use with my tab:

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GM-M7700B Compact Bluetooth Laser Mouse: Computers & Accessories
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by superjoe95 View Post
    Originally it was looking like this guy was going on be the winner. I like that it's proped up a bit and that it comes with a case. Unfortunately it requires batteries for power and it's a bit more than what I'd like to spend on something I'll use occasionally.

This is the one that's caught my eye. I like the slim profile and the fact that you can charge it with USB.
    I don't like how it lays flat though and all that wasted space along the top.
    So the Anker Ultra Slim arrived today and I must say I LOVE IT! The keys are an excellent size and very responsive. They very much remind me of the keys on my laptop. I highly recommend this keyboard for anyone who is in the market for a bluetooth keyboard! Up next I'll be looking to buy that Gigabyte bluetooth mouse mentioned earlier to complete my setup.

I have the Logitech referenced in the above post. Nice keyboard, easy to use. This keyboard works very well with Documents To Go, especially the spreadsheet module. With Office Suite, the Issue is with how the tab, arrow(s) and enter keys act. I just switched to a Poetic Bluetooth keyboard/case and while its operation with Documents To Go is the same as the Logitech, it uses a 2 -key combination to move around in Office Suite. Do you use an office suite?

Via my Note 3

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Here you go! 3 colors available:

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

My BT mouse is a HP x4000b. Also, I have a logitech keyboard (older model) that works well. Interesting, my bt mouse works better when I have the keyboard connected. This tablet is awesome. With the added kb and mouse combo, this note blows the ipad out of the water.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast