1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboards???

Hi folk, this is my first thread so let see how it goes.

I am getting my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) in two weeks and my question is, do you think a carry case with a built in keyboard is a better option than a stand alone keyboard? This is my first tablet so i need all the advice i can get.

Thanks

Default Re: Keyboards???

Many of us are looking for such an accessory. The answer is probably yes, just make sure you are comfy with the size. The Tab 3-10.1 from Logitech is nice, but it is just a bit too small and the Note 2014 a bit too fat.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

I hardly use my K810 BT keyboard with my tab. That's exactly why I bought it a year ago and then didn't get a tablet till this past Christmas. I guess if you feel you're going to use it most or all the time, yes, a built in would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae_11 View Post
    Hi folk, this is my first thread so let see how it goes.

I am getting my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) in two weeks and my question is, do you think a carry case with a built in keyboard is a better option than a stand alone keyboard? This is my first tablet so i need all the advice i can get.

Thanks
    I have the case with the keyboard. However, lately I have been just carry the Note 2014 in a slim case, and I just carry the key board with it.. The keyboard can seperate from the case it came with. My slim case offers all sorts of positions. All of this fits in a small sleeve too.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Why do you feel you need a external keyboard.... Thought whole idea of tablets where to get away from large cumbersome accessories (keyboard and mouse).... I know, it depends on your uses... I looked at all sorts of accessories before Santa actually delivered my tablet, and so far have not even though about (or purchased) accessories, other than maybe a messenger bag (pack) to carry it in...

My though would be to get unit in your hands and play with it for awhile before you plunge into a accessory you may not really want....

Dale
    Last edited by Dale_M; 02-21-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Default My 2014 accoutrement

Here's what I have experienced to date- I decided to go all out to start. First, I ordered a SHARKK Portable Fold-Up Stand- great product under $10. I like 'working' with the 2014 sans case and simply perched in the stand; coffee shop, kitchen, desk- couldn’t be better. Adding to this I ordered the Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard, +/- $24. Slim, lightweight- free of connect/ disconnect issues other have described using the case/ keyboard. I simply carry (traveling) an extra AAA battery (not a game changer). These two items allow me mobility and efficiency.

I have a MoKo Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Case ($16) which protects the device and doubles as a stand, but it is slightly on the bulky side. Nevertheless, I feel it keeps the day-to-day bumps and movements from damaging the device and the orange leather (my choice, its my Creamsicle coating on a white 2014!) looks great- lots of comments.

Last- I picked up a Jackery Giant High-capacity Premium Aluminum Portable Charger 10400mAh External Battery ($39)- need this for traveling as the 2014 sucks the juice. Yes, I can do more to save power but I am still learning, too lazy and have yet to review this great site more so as to implement secrets.

I have the 2014 since December- love it. Thought I would use the S-Pen more (hummm, honest moment here ...), but VERY happy its there when I need it.

If/ when I carry these items with the 2014, my messenger bags manages all perfectly. Very light, don’t know I have anything in the bag whatsoever. Better than ALL THOSE YEARS of carrying laptops weighing more than my first born and dealing with Microsoft.

Good luck.

Dale, I use an external keyboard for about 15 hours a week. The keyboard is faster and more accurate than the finger.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Default Re: My 2014 accoutrement

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey622 View Post
    Here's what I have experienced to date- I decided to go all out to start. First, I ordered a SHARKK Portable Fold-Up Stand- great product under $10. I like 'working' with the 2014 sans case and simply perched in the stand; coffee shop, kitchen, desk- couldn’t be better. Adding to this I ordered the Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard, +/- $24. Slim, lightweight- free of connect/ disconnect issues other have described using the case/ keyboard. I simply carry (traveling) an extra AAA battery (not a game changer). These two items allow me mobility and efficiency.

I have a MoKo Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Case ($16) which protects the device and doubles as a stand, but it is slightly on the bulky side. Nevertheless, I feel it keeps the day-to-day bumps and movements from damaging the device and the orange leather (my choice, its my Creamsicle coating on a white 2014!) looks great- lots of comments.

Last- I picked up a Jackery Giant High-capacity Premium Aluminum Portable Charger 10400mAh External Battery ($39)- need this for traveling as the 2014 sucks the juice. Yes, I can do more to save power but I am still learning, too lazy and have yet to review this great site more so as to implement secrets.

I have the 2014 since December- love it. Thought I would use the S-Pen more (hummm, honest moment here ...), but VERY happy its there when I need it.

If/ when I carry these items with the 2014, my messenger bags manages all perfectly. Very light, don’t know I have anything in the bag whatsoever. Better than ALL THOSE YEARS of carrying laptops weighing more than my first born and dealing with Microsoft.

Good luck.
    Sounds like a great setup.. Not only that, I see you travel light like I do.. I am on two wheels most of time. I want lightness and protection..

Going to take some pictures of my cheap setup.. I call it cheap, because it low $$ and that is with Tempered Glass, slim case, and sleeve..

EDIT: Pics of the new light setup with IMO, good protection. Consist of the slim case kickstand case(Portrait/Landscape)$15, Temp Glass Screen $17 and 2 sleeves that cost $1 each..I carry the red sleeve if I going to carry the bt keyboard. I use the black sleeve which is just a tad smaller when I carry the Note in the kickstand case, no keyboard. Both work well. Bicycle, in a backpack, motorcycle in a tank bag..

Keyboards???-casey03.jpg

Keyboards???-casey00.jpg

Keyboards???-casey99.jpg

Keyboards???-casey05.jpg

Keyboards???-casey91.jpg
    Last edited by cehowardNote3; 02-23-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    Thanked by: