"s-pen detected" missing in the notification bar

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Weird and obviously not very important, but I just realised when reading the forums the other day that when I used to remove my s-pen, along with the audible notification, the top left notification panel would show a small pen icon the entire time my pen was out of its socket and have a small notification message appear for a few seconds "s-pen detected".

Both of those things don't happen now....I just get the audible notification. Couldn't see anything in the settings about this....
Just seems weird that it change.

Cphua

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi...I'm having almost the same problem as you. The S Pen works fine but the sound and vibrate setting (both to be on) don't work, the AirCommand is not launched when I detach the S Pen and the touch screen won't turn on when the S Pen is detached. This is in addition to the missing icon in the notification bar!

What have I done wrong?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Weird and obviously not very important, but I just realised when reading the forums the other day that when I used to remove my s-pen, along with the audible notification, the top left notification panel would show a small pen icon the entire time my pen was out of its socket and have a small notification message appear for a few seconds "s-pen detected".

Both of those things don't happen now....I just get the audible notification. Couldn't see anything in the settings about this....
Just seems weird that it change.

Did you downgrade to KitKat ? :)

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I posted about this very problem in the Note Pro forum a few weeks ago. I'm glad it's not just me! I still haven't found a way to bring the icon back.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Downgrade? KitKat overall is much better then Jelly bean....

I was just kidding :)
I didn't receive it yet but I've been reading all the posts here and on XDA such as "KitKat Pros & Cons" "KitKat Likes & Dislikes" "KitKat Upgrade Bugs" etc. Most of the time it's isolated issues and seem to affect a small number of users so I have nothing bad to say about it. It seems like the LTE owners (like me) had almost no complaints with performance, lag, battery life, charging times etc so KitKat isn't really something I look forward to... have a nagging feeling it will screw something up for me :) From personal experience with my S2 and now my S4, performance did not improve after a major update... in some cases, things got wonky afterwards. I'll reserve judgement for now...

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Oops... I stopped reading forums for awhile. No, I didn't upgrade, and never found a way to get the notification back. Glad dashdashdot shows that it's not just me! I thought I was losing my marbles. Wonder if it will come back in kitkat....

MarkHansen

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
My tablet has been upgraded to KitKat and when I pull the s-pen out, I see the 2-second notification as well as the pen icon while the pen is out. FYI

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Update:
Interestingly, it didn't return. BUT, when I added other user profiles, they did have it. Both restricted and full users. So who knows why I don't have it.... I just confirmed that when I go back and set the home screen to touchwiz always, it doesn't return..... so its not Nova doing it.....I really don't know what setting controlled it.

MarrowK

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Dont worry I got the solution for this simple bug, when I updated to kitkat i realized the missing s pen notification, but later found what causes this issue. All you have to do to get the notification back is this, go to: settings, device, notification panel and turn on "Recomended apps", thats it!! Try taking the s pen now, hope this is helpful for all of you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci