1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to copy files from Note 2 to 10.1 2014 Edition ?

Is there any way to copy/move files from Samsung Note 2 to Samsung 10.1 2014 Edition without going through Dropbox or cloud or computer, something like using a cable/adapter/OTG ?

Thank you.

Default Re: How to copy files from Note 2 to 10.1 2014 Edition ?

Quote Originally Posted by space6333 View Post
    Is there any way to copy/move files from Samsung Note 2 to Samsung 10.1 2014 Edition without going through Dropbox or cloud or computer, something like using a cable/adapter/OTG ?

Thank you.
    If the Note 2 supports OTG, you can just copy your files to a flash drive and move them to the Note 10.1 2014
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by space6333 View Post

Thank you.
    Sorry, I had replied but didn't see the part about no computer. With that said, if you have a sd card on the Note 2, you could take it out, and put it in your Note 2014. Copy all off the sd card to your internal memory on the Note 2014, that take the card out and put it back in your Note 2. Then if you have another sd card put that in your 2014 and copy the stuff off your precious internal memory to the sd card. That is optional.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Use WiFi direct to transfer files between devices. Optional download wifi file transfer or superbeam wifi transfer on playstore. No need go through external media or computer.
    Sorry for short mess, hate typing on Note 2 with tapatalk.

Skickat frn min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk

Have you been successful as using wifi Direct? Anything WiFi for both Note 2 & Note 10.1 works fine but direct file transfer always fails even though the devices appear to be "connected".

Quote Originally Posted by pcbtmr View Post
    Have you been successful as using wifi Direct? Anything WiFi for both Note 2 & Note 10.1 works fine but direct file transfer always fails even though the devices appear to be "connected".
    Yes, transfer files between Note 2014 and Note 2 is working for me. It does happens sometimes it stopped in middle of transfer, but just redo transfer again and then it works. It doesnt happens often, but it does it sometimes.
    I usually use esfilexplorer or default file explorer to send files between them. Mostly use esfile explorer, since its easy to mark multi files and send them, but notice that default file explorer is kinda faster on wifi transfering and use it on big file size only.
    The speed is between 2-4MB/s, depends on what app I use and devices.

ES Task Manager I believe has FTP (File Transfer Protocol) capabilities (look under "network" ), I think in both Server and client modes, not sure if Note 2 has capabilities though, works over wifi.... ES also supports LAN, Cloud and Bluetooth... Might be worth looking at....

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.