1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ps3 isn't seeing my video files.

So as we all know there isn't a good hdmi adapter for this tablet. So yesterday I figured out how to connect it as a media server on my ps3. And I copied a video file to the correct folder and it took a few tried but there the video was! Today ... not so much. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm looking under video and the note 10.1 media server then video again on the ps3 and my videos aren't showing up... There mp4 video files so I know their compatible and the ps3 isn't even seeing the one it seen yesterday. Anyone???

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: ps3 isn't seeing my video files.

That's odd... it should see them by just turning All-Share on. Are you sure you're on the same WiFi network as the PS3? Has anything changed in your router? Or maybe you just need to restart the media server? I have a Samsung SmartTV so it's a lot easier for me, but I've seen the tablet as a media server on my PS3 without issues, too (I just don't use it).

If all else fails, you might want to consider a Chromecast dongle, might be worth the price if it takes away all hassles.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: ps3 isn't seeing my video files.

I got it figured out actually.... but thanks for the reply. I ended up using a different app to act as a media server and move all my video files to that folder and blamo! It worked. I also did some testing and figured out a way for the screen to be off while it does this. Which is nice. But since you don't use it I won't bore you with the details

Posted via Android Central App