Samsung LCD TV what will support screen mirroring?

Steve Corman

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me a model, or how to find a model, of Samsung 32" 1080p LCD TV that will support screen mirroring from the 10.1 2014? All the models seem to have "Smart TV" and some say they support mirroring, but then they say they have AllShare and I've read on some other online stuff that this doesn't support mirroring or it's a pain to get it to do so. Surely they must have some TV models that support it natively/seamlessly. This dude demos it, but unfortunately he doesn't say what model TV he is using.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Samsung 6300 series have screen mirroring and Im sure alot others Samsung models have the same feature: Specs - LED TV UN32F6300AF | Samsung TVs
Just look at spec at LCD TV that says have screen mirroring support.
Allshare doesnt mean it support screen mirroring and can mean it support content sharing only.

But there is miracast screen mirroring dongles and no need to think about what LCD TV to buy. ex: IOgear GWAVR: Newegg.com - IOGEAR Wireless Mobile and PC to HDTV GWAVR

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is a case were a little research would have helped me. I purchased the 5300 series Smart TV from Samsung, only to discover that the screen mirroring feature is available on model numbers 5500 and up, and those made in 2013.

I got a great deal on what is an amazing tv otherwise, but I wish I had spent just a few more dollars so I can have access to screen mirroring.

Posted via Android Central App

Steve Corman

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Orhan I am an Android newbie so I can't help you.

I got a UN32F5500 and like DAS says it supports mirroring. And like John says the trick is to go to the Samsung site for a model and look at the specs tab and look for "screen mirroring."

I am dumbfounded that Samsung makes it so hard for people who own one of their tablets to buy a compatible TV from them :-/ OTOH, if you can get a compatible TV screen mirroring is pretty slick.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
For those of you have a TV that doesn't support screen mirroring a miracast hdmi dongle would probable do the trick. Also I think the Chromecast dongle will soon be able to do so but already can if you root it so you can use a mirroring app. So there are options out there if being able to mirror your device is important. I have a Samsung 60 inch that supports screen mirroring and although it is a cool feature it's not one I use very often. So far I have not found a need for it outside of showing my pictures on my phone or note on a larger screen.

Kevin

David Trawick

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah....I have been very upset with Samsung. Got 5300 model tv. NO SCREEN MIRRORING. REALLY!!!! That is sad. I have a note 3 and can only mirror my pictures. It is a matter of Samsung doing a simple firmware update. Though....they won't!!! Looking at the package with all the prioritized Samsung names.....Allshare, Samsung hub, et al. SURELY they would support screen mirroring. It was $200 more than the competitor's 46in tv. Allshare......just call it DLNA. Don't make it confusing. Samsung hub....just say smart tv. Feel tv.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If you don't actually need a new tv there is lower price option to consider that gives full mirroring. You don't need a Samsung TV, just a tv with and extra hdmi connector. It works perfectly with Note 10.1 (2014 edition), My Note 8.0 and my Galaxy S3 phone. It is a Samsung 3D Blu-ray high definition player Model BD-H5900. I got it from local Best Buy for $99.00. It has some apps also including Netflix.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The Blu-Ray Samsung Model BD-H5900, I mentioned on my previous post was just updated this week to support Amazon Prime. It would be nice if Amazon Prime could be made to work on the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The Blu-Ray Samsung Model BD-H5900, I mentioned on my previous post was just updated this week to support Amazon Prime. It would be nice if Amazon Prime could be made to work on the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
What problem do you have watching Amazon Prime content on the tablet? I watch Prime movies all the time on my Note, even now can screencast to Chromecast.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
What are you using for a browser or app to watch Amazon Prime on the Note 10.1 (2014 edition). I tried several including Dolphin which has built in flash. (I can use Dolphin on my Blaze membership with no problem with requires flash). I think others would be interested on what you are using.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
With Dolphin it gives me a list of compatible devices and no option to play the video. It would be interesting if other users of this tablet that have Amazon Prime can play videos on their note.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you actually install the flash apk, (sideloaded) , then turn flash on in Dolphin? Oh and just fyi, the screen shot was done to show it was Dolphin, not in full screen, but full screen works fine too and is how I watch stuff, usually screen casted to a tv that has a chromecast device

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I use chromcast for mirroring works great I also have the mhl hdmi adapter but for the life of me can't get it to work
Ya I agree, I've had 0 luck with any hdmi cabling from note to tv . This was a breeze on my old Acer Iconia A500, but a no go with this tablet. But Chromecast has been a dream, and even better now that it supports screen casting.

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine has the Note 8, a dumb tv and is a Amazon Prime Member. What would work the best for her to see Amazon Prime tv on her dumb tv. Want to get it for a Christmas gift. I have a note 8.0 and the note 10.1 2014 but do not have Amazon Prime to test. Any help will be appreciated!

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Checked it out on Amazon... the link you sent me didn't work. Looks great, I think this is what we will get her. Does it work with the Samsung Note tablet for a remote?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meer