1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1: Dancing White Lines Across the Screen

This past weekend I was watching Netflix on my GN10.1 2014 and I noticed horizontal white lines dancing across the screen - they flash for half a second and then move to a different part of the screen. I tried to duplicate the same lines while watching a movie I have saved on my tablet's hard drive but they didn't appear. I figured it must have been an error with the movie streaming from Netflix.

Fast forward to today - I'm using the S-Note application with a black background and I start to see the same white lines.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also noticed, what appears to be, small bubbles appearing on the very edge of the screen.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Dancing White Lines Across the Screen

Quote Originally Posted by rick1574 View Post
    This past weekend I was watching Netflix on my GN10.1 2014 and I noticed horizontal white lines dancing across the screen - they flash for half a second and then move to a different part of the screen. I tried to duplicate the same lines while watching a movie I have saved on my tablet's hard drive but they didn't appear. I figured it must have been an error with the movie streaming from Netflix.

Fast forward to today - I'm using the S-Note application with a black background and I start to see the same white lines.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also noticed, what appears to be, small bubbles appearing on the very edge of the screen.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I would call Samsung about this. This should easily fall under warranty.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Wow dude sounds far out. But definitely not right. get them to send you a new one.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

White lines progressed to a full block that blinks on my screen. I've had my tablet since October 2013 and never dropped it, I'm not sure how this happened.
    Galaxy Note 10.1: Dancing White Lines Across the Screen-20140227_102851.jpg

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: Dancing White Lines Across the Screen

When I was considering buying this tablet I seen the one on display at BB and it also had small bubbles at the bottom of the screen near the edge. The lady there that was trying to show me what new on this tablet (but I ended up showing her everything) said it's just because they always have this one on for display. Don't buy that load of cap but it sure sounds like you have a defective one. I hope all our devices don't eventually start to do this... I already voided my warranty by rooting and so far there is no way to get rid of that darn warranty bit 1.

Make sure to watch the sunset at least once a day B-)