Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dianehelen
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using the 10.1 Note for Remote connection to windows computer

is anyone doing this with the Note 10.1? with teamviewer or another application? how does it work.

i would like to be able to remotely connect to my office computer from home....

thanks for the input... i also posted the same question in the 12.2 forum.... as i am researching which one to buy....

Default Re: Using the 10.1 Note for Remote connection to windows computer

Quote Originally Posted by edaniel1717 View Post
    is anyone doing this with the Note 10.1? with teamviewer or another application? how does it work.

i would like to be able to remotely connect to my office computer from home....

thanks for the input... i also posted the same question in the 12.2 forum.... as i am researching which one to buy....
    if your Windows computer OS is "Professional" (Windows 7 Pro, etc), it supports RDP(remote desktop protocal), and you can get from the Play store, Microsoft Remote Desktop App. Works great with the Note.

If your Windows is not at Pro level something like team viewer or splashtop, or a few others will work, but need the cooperating application on the pc
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    SpookDroid and boudicca00 like this.

I've used TeamViewer before and it works just fine. But since Microsoft released its Remote Desktop app, I tend to use that one better (but yeah, your computer needs a Pro version of Windows for the latter to work).

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I've used TeamViewer before and it works just fine. But since Microsoft released its Remote Desktop app, I tend to use that one better (but yeah, your computer needs a Pro version of Windows for the latter to work).
    The only thing I don't care for on the MS app, is you can't pinch/zoom. When I use this on the tablet it's great, but on my S4 I need to zoom in areas of the screen, so I tend to use RDP Lite on the phone
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I use both Team Viewer and Logmein. Both work reasonably well and one is not particularly better than the other. However, unlike Logmein, Team Viewer is still free of monthly charges.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    I use both Team Viewer and Logmein. Both work reasonably well and one is not particularly better than the other. However, unlike Logmein, Team Viewer is still free of monthly charges.
    both of these require an application running on the pc, correct?

Yup, the only one that doesn't (well, it does, but it's already running with the OS so it's a loophole) is MS's own app.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Yup, the only one that doesn't (well, it does, but it's already running with the OS so it's a loophole) is MS's own app.
    Not entirely true ;-), there are other rdp apps other than MS, but they all require the rdp to be part of the OS on the side you remote into
    SpookDroid likes this.

I do RDP with the Microsoft application, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse, the result is good:

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g