Issues with opening edited Files

tbehara

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Note last week and So Far I Love it. However, when I edit a spreadsheet File From Excel in any Of the popular mobile office programs (I've tried Polaris,Quick office,Docs to go,Office Suite Kings oft) I am unable to open them back up in Excel. Excel tells me the File is corrupt. I have tried opening the Files on Several laptops & desktops using a couple of versions of MS office. Am I missing a setting on my note? Or in one of the mobile aps?

tbehara

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Saving it to internal storage and emailing it to myself.Also tried Saving to google drive. Every time I try to open in MSO it Says it is corrupt. I had a coworker and my girlfriend try to open them and got the Same results. The only Spreadsheet application I use on my laptop is MSO.I've tried all the listed applications above on my Note

Last edited:

tbehara

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I Need to be able to Save in the XLSX Format. We have Several techs in the field & we all need to be able to open the Files in Excel. I want to Use my note while on site to document Service calls. we use Google Drive to share our service reports. So Seamlessness is Key. Everyone Of the mobile office suites say this can be done. However, I haven't Found one that works yet. Has anyone else had this issue?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Google Drive does not offer compatibility with Excel files, found that out long ago. Because of that off to Drop Box I went. On all of my devices I use Documents To Go and either Drop Box or Box. I lost too much with Google.

Via my Note 3

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
You do know that *.csv files will open in Excel right? But I am assuming you mean you can't save them in csv due to formulas or specific formatting being lost.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes we need to either start over. I did with a 70 sheet spreadsheet a couple of years ago. You need a basic, reliable application. I went back to Documents To Go, it offers stability and reliability with no frills. Never messed a spreadsheet up and it interacts well with Excel. Another reason I use it: Bluetooth keyboard support.

Via my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2