Galaxy Note 10.1: two blind spots when using s-pen?

xSharkox

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, i've just got my new SGN 2014 and when using my s-pen i've noticed there was two vertical like columns that my s-pen has trouble with. for e.g. when i try to draw or write or just use my s-pen to hover over those areas, it would not go over those areas smoothly but jump over gap. the area is about 1cm in width and if held in landscape position, it would go from top to bottom in a straight column, one on the left side and one on the right side of the tablet but the one on the left side being closer to the center. have i got a faulty device? i have tried changing the point of the s-pen and it didn't change anything. This is weird as this would stop me from pressing on objects on the screen sometimes if they are positioned within those areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: two blind spots when using s-pen?

Hey, i've just got my new SGN 2014 and when using my s-pen i've noticed there was two vertical like columns that my s-pen has trouble with. for e.g. when i try to draw or write or just use my s-pen to hover over those areas, it would not go over those areas smoothly but jump over gap. the area is about 1cm in width and if held in landscape position, it would go from top to bottom in a straight column, one on the left side and one on the right side of the tablet but the one on the left side being closer to the center. have i got a faulty device? i have tried changing the point of the s-pen and it didn't change anything. This is weird as this would stop me from pressing on objects on the screen sometimes if they are positioned within those areas.

Quite a few people had similar issues and they were due to a 3rd party cover. Is your tablet in a cover with magnets ? If so, take it out of the cover and see if that makes a difference. If that's the cause of the behavior, you should check out the cover/case threads here for brands that people use and like. Hope this helps :)

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Theres no cover/case on my tablet, I just got it yesterday.

Definitely get it exchanged if you can... there should be zero "blind spots". You could always try a factory reset but I don't think it will help.
Good luck and sorry you're having a problem with it :(

xSharkox

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

Definitely get it exchanged if you can... there should be zero "blind spots". You could always try a factory reset but I don't think it will help.
Good luck and sorry you're having a problem with it :(

Okay thanks for the info, I will definitely be looking into getting an exchange :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay