Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xSharkox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy Note 10.1: two blind spots when using s-pen?

    Hey, i've just got my new SGN 2014 and when using my s-pen i've noticed there was two vertical like columns that my s-pen has trouble with. for e.g. when i try to draw or write or just use my s-pen to hover over those areas, it would not go over those areas smoothly but jump over gap. the area is about 1cm in width and if held in landscape position, it would go from top to bottom in a straight column, one on the left side and one on the right side of the tablet but the one on the left side being closer to the center. have i got a faulty device? i have tried changing the point of the s-pen and it didn't change anything. This is weird as this would stop me from pressing on objects on the screen sometimes if they are positioned within those areas.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: two blind spots when using s-pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by xSharkox View Post
    Hey, i've just got my new SGN 2014 and when using my s-pen i've noticed there was two vertical like columns that my s-pen has trouble with. for e.g. when i try to draw or write or just use my s-pen to hover over those areas, it would not go over those areas smoothly but jump over gap. the area is about 1cm in width and if held in landscape position, it would go from top to bottom in a straight column, one on the left side and one on the right side of the tablet but the one on the left side being closer to the center. have i got a faulty device? i have tried changing the point of the s-pen and it didn't change anything. This is weird as this would stop me from pressing on objects on the screen sometimes if they are positioned within those areas.
    Quite a few people had similar issues and they were due to a 3rd party cover. Is your tablet in a cover with magnets ? If so, take it out of the cover and see if that makes a difference. If that's the cause of the behavior, you should check out the cover/case threads here for brands that people use and like. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: two blind spots when using s-pen?

    Theres no cover/case on my tablet, I just got it yesterday.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: two blind spots when using s-pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by xSharkox View Post
    Theres no cover/case on my tablet, I just got it yesterday.
    Definitely get it exchanged if you can... there should be zero "blind spots". You could always try a factory reset but I don't think it will help.
    Good luck and sorry you're having a problem with it
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: two blind spots when using s-pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Definitely get it exchanged if you can... there should be zero "blind spots". You could always try a factory reset but I don't think it will help.
    Good luck and sorry you're having a problem with it
    Okay thanks for the info, I will definitely be looking into getting an exchange
    charles777 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Too early to sell to get the max back when the Nexus 8 comes out?
    By callanish in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:13 AM
  2. Emails disappear when email is refreshed - anyone else? Ideas?
    By ddhockey in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 06:55 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 05:41 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions