The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

I have the Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014). I don't have problems with either of them. I installed the Nova Launcher shortly after I got each of the tablets because I wanted a launcher that works in landscape mode. I have no regrets on either purchase. Don't listen to the haters. Just enjoy your new tablet!

Hater? Rather strong language there. Why do you classify those like me as a hater? The device has issues. At no time have I inferred to you as a hater, ignorant, stupid, et cetera. I use to root to address issues. No longer, I accept those issues and attempt to correct those issues. Nova was suggested, installed it and no overall performance was gained. If I move everything from the card to internal memory, the lag is reduced. Not the answer in my situation. Lag? Yes. Hater? No.

Via my Note 3

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Hater? Rather strong language there. Why do you classify those like me as a hater? The device has issues. At no time have I inferred to you as a hater, ignorant, stupid, et cetera. I use to root to address issues. No longer, I accept those issues and attempt to correct those issues. Nova was suggested, installed it and no overall performance was gained. If I move everything from the card to internal memory, the lag is reduced. Not the answer in my situation. Lag? Yes. Hater? No.

Via my Note 3

No need to get upset. That wasn't a personal attack. Aside from this post, I have no idea what comments you might have made about your own experiences. I was making a general, lighthearted statement to someone who is worried about his new investment.

Posted via Android Central App

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Same as everyone else, the lag. The general statement is this device though high tech, has issues. Compared to my 2010 with no issues, this one is fraught with issues. No hater, just a user with a different goal in terms of usage/needs.

Via my Note 3

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I purchased my Note 10.1 (2014) back in January and although the device looks good and has a great screen, I would not say I am overly impressed.

The device is quite buggy at times and occasionally has sluggish moments, I also find the screen can often be unresponsive to touch, especially on the lock screen, I often have to use the S-Pen to unlock as it does not recognise my finger.

The best feature of this device is the S-Note app and writing is sooooo smooth, better than paper at times.

I am now torn between continuing to use my Note 10.1 (2014) or go back to my trusty Note 8..... decisions, decisions....

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
I purchased my Note 10.1 (2014) back in January and although the device looks good and has a great screen, I would not say I am overly impressed.

The device is quite buggy at times and occasionally has sluggish moments, I also find the screen can often be unresponsive to touch, especially on the lock screen, I often have to use the S-Pen to unlock as it does not recognise my finger.

The best feature of this device is the S-Note app and writing is sooooo smooth, better than paper at times.

I am now torn between continuing to use my Note 10.1 (2014) or go back to my trusty Note 8..... decisions, decisions....

Can you explain "quite buggy"? I've had mine for only a month and haven't found any bugs. Maybe I'm just noticing them?

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just lucky, but what are these horrible issues people are referring to?

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I, too, have had my 10.1 2014 for a month or so. And, my note is fantastic. Touch responsiveness is consistent throughout the screen. It plays videos without a hitch. Also, it doesn't exhibit the "lag". By far, this is my best device (even better than my note 3).

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Note 10.1 since November, used all day everyday. In fact I've given my laptop to the wife and use this little guy for everything. The only issue I've had with my Note is that it hates the Ultra SD memory cards....other than that its rock solid. I use it for work with Cisco anyconnect, I use it for everything personal, movies, music, you name it. Yes I have multiple SD cards for her to house my collections but I seriously haven't had any of the bad issues I've read about here. I highly recommend this tablet and if the wife would let me I'd buy all the kids them as well! Best damn thing since the internet.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Note 10.1 since November, used all day everyday. In fact I've given my laptop to the wife and use this little guy for everything. The only issue I've had with my Note is that it hates the Ultra SD memory cards....other than that its rock solid. I use it for work with Cisco anyconnect, I use it for everything personal, movies, music, you name it. Yes I have multiple SD cards for her to house my collections but I seriously haven't had any of the bad issues I've read about here. I highly recommend this tablet and if the wife would let me I'd buy all the kids them as well! Best damn thing since the internet.

What sd card do you recommend?

millser

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The note 2014 is not a horror show. Its a bloatware nightmare. The only reason for lag is the Samsung version of the operating system that comes installed. With rooting, you can install clean ROM 2 , add Nova launcher and experience the most LAG FREE, powerful tablet I've ever used. Because of the power and RAM included, this thing laughs at any game or app operating requirements, and my only complaint is how woefully some apps need to be to work on other tablets and phones. If all tablets matched this one, games would take a major leap forward in graphical quality. Screen shaking? Multi touch problems? Send yours back, it must be faulty. Root it, use pen window app with spen and get into drawing multiple windows each containing any app you own. True multitasking. Try that on an iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey