Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Consider ALLLL the millions of people who bought them and LOVE them, and have never had a problem. I got mine in November, and have not really had any signifigant issues. I LOVE the Note, and have found so many new ways to enjoy such a powerful device that I never would have thought of. And the S pen, which I thought would be a cute novelty, well it has become an intergral part of my daily HEAVY use of this really amazing piece of technology.

    Hope you get a "good one" and enjoy learning and playing with it and finding all kinds of fun and productive things to do with it.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I've had no problems with mine either. I had the old 10.1 and loved it. The S pen is amazing. I much prefer writing notes than typing on a tablet keyboard and I use the pen every day. And the 2014 knocks spots off the old version. The screen is incredible, you can read the tiniest fonts with ease. Even an old codger like me! I loved it so much I bought the 12.2 too

    Sent with love from one of my Samsungs
    Loving owner of a Nexus 7, Samsung Note 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 & Samsung Note Pro 12.2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    My husband and I each got one and we are very happy. Love the S Pen and everything I can do with it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    If you think its a horror show, you are only listening to maybe 5% of the market that is having a problem.... Same as APPLE products that people are to proud to admit that APPLE has similar problems....... The other 95% of us are loving it, using it daily, and enjoying it have no reason to comment because it does what is expected from it.... 10's of thousands of silent, happy owners can't all be wrong.....

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Uncle Reemus likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so….. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Forums are here for people to ask for help so seeing problems here is pretty common.

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  8. #8  
    mustbepbs's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so.. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.
    Was it a launch unit, before the updates?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Download the free app Nova Launcher. You shouldn't experience any lag after you install it. I don't

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so.. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.
    I was one of few who got it on October first. Yes, sometimes it lagged. My main problem was indexsearch running all the time because I had a bad document on SD card. I fixed that problem, then Samsung sent 2 or 3 small OTA updates that made tablet faster. I don't think it was a batch, it was the early software version. And you can always root, freeze unnecessary apps or put a ROM from this board. No lag, no problem.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I have Nova Launcher installed and yes, it still lags. Even disabled several applications.

    Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I agree its current too many issues with the Note 2014 and best is wait until 4.4 release and see if it fixes the issues. The problem on Note 2014 are also on Note 3 and Note 8. Mine friend at work watched a video I recorded about screen shaking and he told me that he has same problem on his Note 8 LTE version.
    Just read at xda forum and u will see same issues are on all these 3 devices. I dont know what to think, since its first time I read same issues across 3 devices and just hopes it can be fixed by software updates.

    Also Im disspointed at Samsung, all 3 devices has been released for months and only Note 3 had released updates to fix multitouch issue. But its total silent about Note 8 and Note 2014.
    Im not that kind of person that looking to find issues on devices and care less about, if its not disturbing and obvious. But this is first time I get annoyed by a device and cant just look away.

    Mine Note SM-P605 issues found:
    - Screen shaking.
    - Multitouch/touch issues.
    - Black screen after waking from sleep. (1 time)
    - Touch stopped to respond waking from sleep. (1 time - happened day after black screen)
    - Home button "stucked" sometime. (bad quality control)

    If I didnt bought mine from Ebay, I would return it and wait until all issues resolved befoe decide to buy or not. But got myself to blame, I did read about all these issues as xda before I bought it. Thought its just a bad batch and so wrong I had.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I bought four Note 10.1 (2014) tablets for work and they all work fine, no problems. I also have a Note 3 (VZW) and have had no issues with it either. We also have bluetooth keyboards for the tablets and have had no issues either. It took a little bit of researching and reading the forums here to get them tweaked with the settings and working optimally (and ourselves accustomed to them). We've had good luck with Samsung products to date.
    I do think reading the forums may skew someone's view because people may be less likely to post saying "everything's working great and I have no issues". Lots of people come here to solve their problems.

    Cheers
  14. #14  
    mustbepbs's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by petestl View Post
    I bought four Note 10.1 (2014) tablets for work and they all work fine, no problems. I also have a Note 3 (VZW) and have had no issues with it either. We also have bluetooth keyboards for the tablets and have had no issues either. It took a little bit of researching and reading the forums here to get them tweaked with the settings and working optimally (and ourselves accustomed to them). We've had good luck with Samsung products to date.
    I do think reading the forums may skew someone's view because people may be less likely to post saying "everything's working great and I have no issues". Lots of people come here to solve their problems.

    Cheers
    Too right. And people love to complain. You can see the poster above you saying how awful it is because something happened one time. Oh well. And the shaking "issue" only happens when you want it to.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!
    I think the nexus 7 has it beat in the complaint department.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
    Too right. And people love to complain. You can see the poster above you saying how awful it is because something happened one time. Oh well. And the shaking "issue" only happens when you want it to.
    All these awful that happened only 1 time, have results in forever black screen for others and all the issues I brought up.
    If u care to read the last part I wrote, that I did read about all these issues peoples having in XDA and that means Im not alone to have all the issues I brought up.

    Issues are meant to be brought up, so the the companys can look into it and release solutions to fix the issues. If peopels like you just igonre it and just accept the way its. There will never be any fixes.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!
    I think this tablet brings more whiner's. I love this tablet. And yes every device has its ups and downs and there's always room for improvement.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    My new black 16 gb note 2014 arrived late this afternoon, all my stuff downloaded and updated instantly, the screen is great, so i'll see how it does. It came with a 50 percent charge. I have it in a very nice fintie case from amzn, very similar to the poetic case from amzn that's now on my wife's note 8.0 (formerly mine.) For a smaller size tab i have an lg gpad, and even smaller an apple ipod touch current generation that i rarely use, but comes in handy for certain things.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!
    I have the Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014). I don't have problems with either of them. I installed the Nova Launcher shortly after I got each of the tablets because I wanted a launcher that works in landscape mode. I have no regrets on either purchase. Don't listen to the haters. Just enjoy your new tablet!
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    I have a Note 3, 8, 10.1-2012 & 10.1-2014. The 10.1-2014 is running Nova and it does lag. It lags for many of us. Why not acknowledged this and move on. I gave the 10.1-2012 (no lag, no alterations, no Nova) to a family member and continue to use the 10.1-2014. The tablet has its issues as evidenced by the number of comments.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie_prof View Post
    I have the Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014). I don't have problems with either of them. I installed the Nova Launcher shortly after I got each of the tablets because I wanted a launcher that works in landscape mode. I have no regrets on either purchase. Don't listen to the haters. Just enjoy your new tablet!
    Hater? Rather strong language there. Why do you classify those like me as a hater? The device has issues. At no time have I inferred to you as a hater, ignorant, stupid, et cetera. I use to root to address issues. No longer, I accept those issues and attempt to correct those issues. Nova was suggested, installed it and no overall performance was gained. If I move everything from the card to internal memory, the lag is reduced. Not the answer in my situation. Lag? Yes. Hater? No.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    Hater? Rather strong language there. Why do you classify those like me as a hater? The device has issues. At no time have I inferred to you as a hater, ignorant, stupid, et cetera. I use to root to address issues. No longer, I accept those issues and attempt to correct those issues. Nova was suggested, installed it and no overall performance was gained. If I move everything from the card to internal memory, the lag is reduced. Not the answer in my situation. Lag? Yes. Hater? No.

    Via my Note 3
    No need to get upset. That wasn't a personal attack. Aside from this post, I have no idea what comments you might have made about your own experiences. I was making a general, lighthearted statement to someone who is worried about his new investment.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    boudicca00 likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Same as everyone else, the lag. The general statement is this device though high tech, has issues. Compared to my 2010 with no issues, this one is fraught with issues. No hater, just a user with a different goal in terms of usage/needs.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Hi.
    I purchased my Note 10.1 (2014) back in January and although the device looks good and has a great screen, I would not say I am overly impressed.

    The device is quite buggy at times and occasionally has sluggish moments, I also find the screen can often be unresponsive to touch, especially on the lock screen, I often have to use the S-Pen to unlock as it does not recognise my finger.

    The best feature of this device is the S-Note app and writing is sooooo smooth, better than paper at times.

    I am now torn between continuing to use my Note 10.1 (2014) or go back to my trusty Note 8..... decisions, decisions....
  25. #25  

    Default Re: The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilWhitear View Post
    Hi.
    I purchased my Note 10.1 (2014) back in January and although the device looks good and has a great screen, I would not say I am overly impressed.

    The device is quite buggy at times and occasionally has sluggish moments, I also find the screen can often be unresponsive to touch, especially on the lock screen, I often have to use the S-Pen to unlock as it does not recognise my finger.

    The best feature of this device is the S-Note app and writing is sooooo smooth, better than paper at times.

    I am now torn between continuing to use my Note 10.1 (2014) or go back to my trusty Note 8..... decisions, decisions....
    Can you explain "quite buggy"? I've had mine for only a month and haven't found any bugs. Maybe I'm just noticing them?
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
    Tablets: Tab 10.1 --> Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
    Watches: Pebble (original) --> Moto 360
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4 not showing boot-up screen
    By Edvin HQ in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 08:03 AM
  2. Galaxy S4 Mini shows as connected but unable to access Internet
    By Sacha1511 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 04:24 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 12:42 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions