Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By xflip227x
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 3 Post By xflip227x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP: Cannot Install 3rd Party Apps/APKs!

Hey everyone, I purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Both 2014 editions) for my parents for XMAS. Everytime I go to install a third-party app off of sites LIKE Aptoide, I get to the INSTALL screen, but cannot install the app. I personally own a Note 2 and have owned other Android devices before where all you have to do is check the 'Unknown Sources' box in settings and everything works fine. Can anyone help with this? Also, ROOTING is not really an option here.
    Thanked by:
    ryanrazer likes this.

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: HELP: Cannot Install 3rd Party Apps/APKs!

Quote Originally Posted by xflip227x View Post
    Hey everyone, I purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Both 2014 editions) for my parents for XMAS. Everytime I go to install a third-party app off of sites LIKE Aptoide, I get to the INSTALL screen, but cannot install the app. I personally own a Note 2 and have owned other Android devices before where all you have to do is check the 'Unknown Sources' box in settings and everything works fine. Can anyone help with this? Also, ROOTING is not really an option here.
    Welcome to AC
    I assume you already have the "unknown sources" box checked, correct?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Jude526 likes this.

Do you get any kind of error screen? I have mine and I can install 3rd party APKs without issue, as long, of course, as the APK is the right version for the tablet.
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No error screen at all. I just get to the screen in the image and cannot click "NEXT or INSTALL." The image is from one of the Note 10.1 2014s and is running Jelly Bean 4.3. I was able to install the same 3rd party app on my Note 2 with no issues. I cannot install the "Aptoide" apk either. Gives me the same problem. And yes I do have the the "unknown sources" box checked.

HELP: Cannot Install 3rd Party Apps/APKs!-download_20140306_193941.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Do you get any kind of error screen? I have mine and I can install 3rd party APKs without issue, as long, of course, as the APK is the right version for the tablet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I figured it out. My father had installed a blue light filter and it was interfering with the touch response...
    Thanked by 3:
    geekaren, SpookDroid and ryanrazer like this.

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by xflip227x View Post
    I figured it out. My father had installed a blue light filter and it was interfering with the touch response...
    I never would have guessed that. Glad you got it figured out

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Interestingly, the first blue light filter app I looked at had just brought out an update to turn off the filter when installing 3rd party apps, so presumably you're not the only person to have spotted this.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs
    Loving owner of a Nexus 7, Samsung Note 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 & Samsung Note Pro 12.2

Thank you so much for the information.... you really help me alot. I have also installed Bluelight in my samsung grand2 phone and i was unable to install third party apps. BUELIGHT SUCKSSSSS

Thank you so much it helped me too, I just uninstalled the Bluelight ray app and its done.

Thanks a lot.

I can NOT believe that is the case. I was like: "c'mon dude, are you sane? how can an app enable you to do that. There must be a catch."
    Than i uninstalled my lastly installed app and voila, it worked.
    Thanx a million friend, I was busting my head real hard...

btw, app that caused me that same very problem was: Navigation layer.
    Cheers

Thank you, same issue here. This was very helpfull. Deactivating the bluelight filter was enough to get things going again.