You can turn off hard keys (sm-p600 mk1)

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this is old news but I seen a few people asking if you could disable these especially over at the clean Rom thread cause the developer included soft keys in the rom. Anyways again I'm sorry if this is old news but you go to accessibility/access control. It then walks you through a series of steps like if you want certain parts of the screen to not be affected by touch and so on. I thought this was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's for all models and firmware but worth a shot!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Posted via Android Central App

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
If you have an app, mod, or ROM that allows soft keys on screen to pop up then you may not want the hard keys to work.

A lot of users don't like that Samsung made this tablet with hard keys cause a lot of people hit them by accident when holding it in portrait mode. Once I receive my SD card I'm for sure going to be flashing cleanROM2.0 on this device with soft keys and disabling the hard keys. The Note 10.1 2012 had soft keys and its just much nicer.

Posted via Android Central App

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
They are called capacitive keys and not hard keys. Took me a while to understand it. :p All rooted devices can disable those keys, when root was able, so yes its very old news and must not be CleanRom. :)

Galaxy Note SM-P605

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I find these keys very annoying, so it's good to know they can be turned off. Thanks for the info :)

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
They are called capacitive keys and not hard keys. Took me a while to understand it. :p All rooted devices can disable those keys, when root was able, so yes its very old news and must not be CleanRom. :)

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Don't need to be rooted to do this.... and its on stock rom. You can download an app that gives you on screen keys instead from the play store.

Make sure to watch the sunset at least once a day B-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1