Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Advice for rooting my SM-P605

Hi Everyone,

I am once again tempted to root my device and I am trying to figure out how to go about it. I tried reading through some of the threads on XDA and I'm still pretty confused. What is the difference between Root de la Vega and CF Auto Root ? Is there a preferred method ? I wish there was a simple step by step video on YouTube... "Rooting for Dummies - SM-P605"
    Do I need to find the stock firmware for my tablet in order to create some sort of backup ? I am not sure which is the correct version... can somebody look at the screenshots below ?
    Is it advisable to wait until 4.4 is released ? Any advice would be appreciated including "Give up and go buy an iPad" Advice for rooting my SM-P605-lte.jpg Advice for rooting my SM-P605-lte1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Advice for rooting my SM-P605

I believe you can do a complete or partial backup with Samsung Kies3 software running on a PC with USB cable...

charles777 likes this.

Default Re: Advice for rooting my SM-P605

Root de la Vega dont trip KNOX while rooting the device and muct be on specific firmware for it. Dont exactly know which one, since there are mixed results reported by peoples and just head to xda and read about it.

CF Auto Root is I ususally use to root mine devices, but this method do trip KNOX and depends on useless Samsung support. If they acept any warranty repaires after its tripped.

U dont need stock firmware for backup, u need a custom recovery like TWRP and boot into recovery mode after flashed it. Then do a full backup there.

I havent followed Note 2014 root guides, since Note 2 and all info can read at xda forum. Rooting is quite easy, only takes few minutes with few clicks and risk any goes wrong is mininium. If just follow the guides how to root and make all preparation for rooting.
    charles777 and boudicca00 like this.