Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When will we see a US GSM Note 10.1 2014?

Wondering when we might see a device with US radios? I know there is a Verizon version for CDMA support, but for those of us desiring a T-Mobile or AT&T device- we are stuck with 3G speeds. In today's mobile mobile internet speeds, it is painful.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Default Re: When will we see a US GSM Note 10.1 2014?

Dont think the "note" is ever going GSM or any other way...."Note" is not a phone it is my understanding.... Think you may be thinking of a "Tab"... Then again I may be wrong on my assumption its not a phone...

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

GSM doesn't mean phone, GSM is simcard where you can use data plans like the nexus 7 lte and such, like he says we already have a CDMA version.

Maybe it's a Verizon exclusive?

Posted via Android Central App

When I was working in cellular world GSM was cell phone or devices that mimiced cell phones.... Being there is no SIM card slot on Note 10.1 2014 version I don't GSM will happen if your interpretation of GSM is correct......

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
    When I was working in cellular world GSM was cell phone or devices that mimiced cell phones.... Being there is no SIM card slot on Note 10.1 2014 version I don't GSM will happen if your interpretation of GSM is correct......

Dale
    There is a sim card slot on the 3G and LTE models.... Only the wifi only model doesn't have a sim slot. From what the OP wrote, seems they are talking about the 605 model, not the 600 model.

Verizon just released SM-P605: SM-P605

NotePro 12.2"
    NotePro
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

...yes, looking for a T-Mobile or AT&T compatible Note 2014 that has a radio with US LTE bands.

Quote Originally Posted by cd619 View Post
    ...yes, looking for a T-Mobile or AT&T compatible Note 2014 that has a radio with US LTE bands.
    Don't think it will happen now to be honest, I think the best you will get is the international 3g gsm version

Posted via Android Central App

Red face Re: When will we see a US GSM Note 10.1 2014?

That's funny because I have a T-Mobile SIM card in my Note 10.1 2014 Edition. It is the International Version P605 and works at H+ speeds on T-Mobile, around 5 - 8 MPS. Not LTE but fast enough for me.