Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SquareTrade: Anyone with experience?

Anyone use this? Is this a good one to get? Amazon.com: SquareTrade 2-Year Electronics Accident Protection Plan ($75-100): Electronics

If I've helped at all hit the thanks button! B-)

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

Default Re: Square trade

Had plan for 60 inch TV. It got lines on the screen. Called them and next day I dropped it off at a local shop they sent me to, on the way home from work. Before I got home I got a call that the power supply was bad. They overnighter a check for the TV and tax to boot. I stopped and got a replacement before I got home. Sure enough the check was there the next day. Did a deposit on the phone app. I was VERY happy. I have two Note 19.1 2014's with the plans. After that great experience I always get it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

As far as I'm concerned it does not get any easier...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    Anyone use this? Is this a good one to get?
    I bought it... haven't had to claim anything thankfully
    Definitely worth it for me since I bought an LTE version from ebay (may never come to Canada had I waited)
    Thanked by:

I have it. I think it's a good deal. The only hole in coverage is that it doesn't cover theft.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

More people damage their devices by far than have them stolen. Not to say it doesn't happen but depending on where it happened your home or auto insurance may cover part of your loss.
    I think Square Trade is a good deal and worth the peace of mind. I got the three year coverage. If you go to their Facebook page and sign up for their newsletter they will send you a 30% off coupon, or you can also call them and they will gladly send you one by email. I have had to use them once for a tablet I bought and they had a new one to me in a very reasonable time (a day or two). You just have to decide if you are willing to gamble with a $600 tablet that you won't damage it before you buy another one.

Kevin
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Does the link I posted seem legit or the right one to get for my note 10.1 2014? I appreciate all the answers! It seems too cheap to be true lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

The link is for a plan that covers an item that cost around $100. The note sells for more, so this plan would not cover note.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Where do I find the right one? 450-500. 2 year. Accidental and full coverage

$150 for a 3 year plan.

http://m.squaretrade.com/m/tablet

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    I bought it... haven't had to claim anything thankfully
    Definitely worth it for me since I bought an LTE version from ebay (may never come to Canada had I waited)
    So in a year or so, I could let it slip in the bath accidentally and have them replace it
    They probably don't, but I'd be careful about saying such things on a public forum in case Square Trade (or Samsung) monitors forums like these.
    I KNOW Ford monitors the Ford Flex forum I'm on. Just sayin'

ps...to OP, I bought the Square Trade plan from Square Trade. The reviews are excellent. I spent hours looking for a coupon/code but
    none of them worked. Finally called ST and asked for a code. They generated a 30% code for me As for buying on Amazon, you DO
    know that the device you're buying it for has to be purchased from Amazon as well. That isn't made clear on the Amazon site but it was verified by
    two Amazon reps and a ST rep.

As with any insurance purchase you're gambling that you don't have to use it. Also, with something like a tablet it's probably the case that a replacement will be cheaper than what you paid for it. (Unless you damage it right away). For that reason I only insured my Note 10.1 for $499 instead of the $549 that I paid for it. $500 is a dividing line in SquareTrade where policies cost more.

Also, if you use the following coupon code you'll get 35% off the purchase price for your SquareTrade policy.

xv781j
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
    Tablets: Tab 10.1 --> Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
    Watches: Pebble (original) --> Moto 360
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    They probably don't, but I'd be careful about saying such things on a public forum in case Square Trade (or Samsung) monitors forums like these.
    I KNOW Ford monitors the Ford Flex forum I'm on. Just sayin'

ps...to OP, I bought the Square Trade plan from Square Trade. The reviews are excellent. I spent hours looking for a coupon/code but
    none of them worked. Finally called ST and asked for a code. They generated a 30% code for me As for buying on Amazon, you DO
    know that the device you're buying it for has to be purchased from Amazon as well. That isn't made clear on the Amazon site but it was verified by
    two Amazon reps and a ST rep.
    I just purchased it on squaretrade.com AMD I got the 2 year plan with a 30% discount costing 69.99 but what do you mean I need to buy it on amazon as well??? I only have till the 21st to do this till my 30 day is up.

If I've helped at all hit the thanks button! B-)

Costco and Amazon sell SquareTrade policies but only for products that you purchased at their location.
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Costco and Amazon sell SquareTrade policies but only for products that you purchased at their location.
    Yes but monicakm was saying I need both?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Or am I fine with what I got from squaretrade alone?

Or am I fine with what I got from squaretrade alone?

Russell, what I meant was if you buy a ST warranty from Amazon, it's only good for the device you bought from Amazon.
    When I went looking for a ST warranty, I found them listed (like any other item for sale). It seemed like I could buy the ST warranty
    from Amazon for a device purchased anywhere. Didn't seem logical but I never found a statement saying "this warranty is valid only
    for purchases made on Amazon. So, before I bought it I called them and asked. The rep was "fairly" sure you had to buy the
    device from them. Hung up and called again. This time the rep sent me a link with the statement that it was only for purchases from Amazon.
    So no, you don't need two. You're good to go
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Sweet thanks. And I was going to buy square trade from amazon but since I got a 30% coupon for my first ST purchase it was cheaper from ST themselves this time. I did buy the tablet from amazon so it would have been fine. But that's good to know for the future

Default Re: SquareTrade: Anyone with experience?

No, thankfully. Google "SquareTrade fraud" & judge for yourself. Good you asked, though a quick search would've been faster. Hope you haven't commited to anything with them. They charge a lot relatively, and seldom pay out on claims, it appears.

Charge a lot relative to what? A $125 2 year plan averages to about $5/month, which is much less than most insurance plans offered by wireless providers. Do they seldom pay out because they're not adhering to the contract (which of course would be illegal), or do they seldom pay out because people didn't read the fine print and expected more to be covered? I would venture to say that if you Googled any kind of insurance, whether it was for electronics, cars, homes, or health, you're bound to come across complaints and accusations of fraud.

Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Charge a lot relative to what? A $125 2 year plan averages to about $5/month, which is much less than most insurance plans offered by wireless providers. Do they seldom pay out because they're not adhering to the contract (which of course would be illegal), or do they seldom pay out because people didn't read the fine print and expected more to be covered? I would venture to say that if you Googled any kind of insurance, whether it was for electronics, cars, homes, or health, you're bound to come across complaints and accusations of fraud.

Exactly... I searched a bunch first and the people complaining were idiots. They didn't read the terms and just assumed. It was quite comical really. But most the reviews were 5 stars and I liked what I read so they seem like the golden ticket to me. Anyone who would argue that is just being argumentative and believe the first bad thing they've read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.

So far as I know they are a reputable company. For small sums, I think they are a bad deal. $125 for a 2 year plan on a device that may only be worth $500 in the first place, and maybe far less when the claim occurs, assuming it doesn't happen right away, is actually a pretty stiff fee when measured against the odds of loss. Those "just pennies a day" type quotes are how they get you to ignore the real price. The price is high compared to the value insured. By analogy, you can buy home insurance for $500 a year that insures hundreds of thousands of dollars of risk in various ways for various things, from total destruction of your home to lawsuits brought against you. (NB: in anticipation, the point here is to compare pricing to claims payable; not to suggest that you rely on home insurance to insure your device).

If I roll the wrong throw of the dice, so be it. $500 won't break me. But in all likelihood, the odds are far in my favor and it's much more likely I'll wind up getting a "free" device every couple of years paid for by the insurance savings.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I only paid 65 bucks for 2 years

I paid $124 for 3 years with a 35% off coupon. I carry my tablet a lot during the day using for work and at home. It's very susceptible to being dropped.

I only paid 65 bucks for 2 years

That's not bad! (My $125 quote came from another poster in the thread..)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast