Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    It only came out in October. Yet it's gotten no actual firmware updates, or any of the new features that come with the new pro tablets. Wow.
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by aaka3207 View Post
    It only came out in October. Yet it's gotten no actual firmware updates, or any of the new features that come with the new pro tablets. Wow.
    It will probably get it eventually. :')

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  3. #3  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    I wouldn't expect it to get all the new features found in the pro line, they're supposed to have a few unique software enhancements to help justify their price.

    Posted via Android Central App
    wizzrah likes this.
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by L0n3N1nja View Post
    I wouldn't expect it to get all the new features found in the pro line, they're supposed to have a few unique software enhancements to help justify their price.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yep. They'll probably add a few features, but keep some out.

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  5. #5  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    But the pro line isn't more expensive (considering size differences) than the Note 10.1 2014 was originally (though now we can find the Note 10.1 2014 for less than its original price).
  6. #6  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    In the beginning, we all thought that our tablet was unofficially the first of the PRO tablets and just without the PRO name... we thought there would be a quick upgrade to 4.4, the new Magazine UX and then our tablet would be on equal footing with the rest of the new family. That hasn't happened yet and though I have no doubt we will get 4.4. I don't think we will get all the features such as access to Hancom. Hard to keep track of all their variants... it's an endless flow !
    Take a look at what was just spotted...
    Samsung’s new 10.5-inch AMOLED tablet benchmarked, 8.4-inch and 7-inch versions ousted
    Amoled screen on a tablet is drool worthy... no mention of an S-Pen though so this is probably the new Tab line.
  7. #7  
    atg284's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    This tablet had at least 2 firmware updates after it was launched. There hasn't been any in quite some time though.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Russell, I've had auto updates turned off since I read KK was coming our way and the issues with the external SD card. My build number ends in MK1 and unless the updates of the last week have been pushed to my tablet without asking permission to do so, it hasn't been updated. Which two updates have been released? Will the build number be different and what, if anything, newsworthy did it change? I just checked for updates and none were found.
    Thanks,
    Monica
  10. #10  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    And there has been a fix for the 4.4 external SD problem btw.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Also, the new builds I speak of haven't hit the US yet. I flashed them from Taiwan and Japan. All good since their the same model.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    And there has been a fix for the 4.4 external SD problem btw.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Just to be specific....what problems were corrected?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    Just to be specific....what problems were corrected?
    Not being able to move apps to the sd card

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    This is gonna be hard for a lot of people to hear...

    However, How do you expect any company to make money.. If they just upgrade everything they make, to be exactly like the new thing they just made....

    If i release a PRO Version of the tablet, and then immediately UPGRADE the regular tablet to be the latest software with all the features of the PRO... why would i expect people to buy the pro..

    Now yes, it was build with ANDROID... So we expect, like phones, that they will be upgraded... but in the end... The Tablet is a COMPUTER.. Last i checked, Acer or HP do not upgrade every single computer, laptop or desktop they have ever released, to be just like the new product they just released.... They will wait... more then just October to now... to upgrade a device until they have REACHED Value on the new device
  16. #16  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Yea... Its old news too. But like I said there is a fix for that now

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    This is gonna be hard for a lot of people to hear...

    However, How do you expect any company to make money.. If they just upgrade everything they make, to be exactly like the new thing they just made....

    If i release a PRO Version of the tablet, and then immediately UPGRADE the regular tablet to be the latest software with all the features of the PRO... why would i expect people to buy the pro..

    Now yes, it was build with ANDROID... So we expect, like phones, that they will be upgraded... but in the end... The Tablet is a COMPUTER.. Last i checked, Acer or HP do not upgrade every single computer, laptop or desktop they have ever released, to be just like the new product they just released.... They will wait... more then just October to now... to upgrade a device until they have REACHED Value on the new device
    You're mistaking hardware with software. No one is asking the hardware manufacturer Samsung to change the Exynos 5 processor for an Exynos 6. But they do expect software producer Samsung to update its firmware. Just like Microsoft sends Windows/Office users weekly/monthy patches/updates, your router gets firmware updates, and nowadays even cameras and TVs get free firmware updates periodically.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    This is gonna be hard for a lot of people to hear...

    However, How do you expect any company to make money.. If they just upgrade everything they make, to be exactly like the new thing they just made....

    If i release a PRO Version of the tablet, and then immediately UPGRADE the regular tablet to be the latest software with all the features of the PRO... why would i expect people to buy the pro..

    Now yes, it was build with ANDROID... So we expect, like phones, that they will be upgraded... but in the end... The Tablet is a COMPUTER.. Last i checked, Acer or HP do not upgrade every single computer, laptop or desktop they have ever released, to be just like the new product they just released.... They will wait... more then just October to now... to upgrade a device until they have REACHED Value on the new device
    I understand what you're saying. And, it almost makes sense. But the Note 10.1 (2014) is still being sold right there in Best Buy next to the Pro models. That being the case, who would buy a Note 10.1 with 4.3 when the one right next to it has 4.4?

    Actually, the answer to that question is me. I bought a Note 10.1 which was sitting there next to the Tab Pro. Why? It's a better machine.
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
    Tablets: Tab 10.1 --> Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
    Watches: Pebble (original) --> Moto 360
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    Not being able to move apps to the sd card

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Well, I don't know that I'd call that a bug. That was an intentional "feature" adopted by Google in an earlier Android version. There were good reasons for it, whether I always agreed or not. As I understand it, there will still be some limitations.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    Well, I don't know that I'd call that a bug. That was an intentional "feature" adopted by Google in an earlier Android version. There were good reasons for it, whether I always agreed or not. As I understand it, there will still be some limitations.
    Who called it a bug?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  21. #21  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    Who called it a bug?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, but when I saw the word "fix," it sounded to me like an error was corrected; hence, a bug.

    In any event, I was not aware that all restrictions to installing apps on the card had been removed. If so, that's good news, sort of, but at the same time, however, we're told that there are many restrictions now on where 3rd party apps can store data--only in their own folders, as a security feature. Google gives and Google takes away.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    Sorry, but when I saw the word "fix," it sounded to me like an error was corrected; hence, a bug.

    In any event, I was not aware that all restrictions to installing apps on the card had been removed. If so, that's good news, sort of, but at the same time, however, we're told that there are many restrictions now on where 3rd party apps can store data--only in their own folders, as a security feature. Google gives and Google takes away.
    Well the fix I was referring to wasn't from Google it was from rooting and installing a custom ROM

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    Well the fix I was referring to wasn't from Google it was from rooting and installing a custom ROM

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Another false hope...Dashed..... Do not really want to have to root device.... This is beginning to sound like PC operating systems, only "good enough" for lower to mid level users..... But not good enough for "power user"....

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    monsieurms likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    It is what it is...

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  25. #25  

    Default Re: So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Estridge View Post
    The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Please bear with me Russell. I not sure if you're talking 3rd party ROMs/rooted etc and I won't be rooting my tablet (those days are behind me <g>)
    Are YOU talking rooted or non-rooted? The fix for the external SD problem....rooted or an (American) update coming from Samsung?
    OK, rereading further down, I think I found my answer. Samsung (or Google) hasn't lifted this restriction for the external SD, it's a 3rd party ROM.
    So when you said "There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week", you weren't talking about Samsung updates, right?
    And when you said "The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work."
    you weren't talking Samsung updates, right? I wish you would specify in the future please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
  2. Does the 10.1 2014 have a recycle bin I can access?
    By DestinyAngel in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 11:22 AM
  3. what countries have an open internet like the US?
    By ahawkua in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
  4. Questions about the Samsung Note 3 - Accessory Replacements
    By Isc73 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 09:18 AM
  5. Samsung galaxy note 3 Verizon
    By amparo2014 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions