Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth KeepAlive (to solve keyboard problem)... Has anyone used it?

Hi guys,

Has anyone used this app on their Note 10.1 2014 (WiFi US)? Does it work?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...toothKeepalive

I'm having the issue with a Zagg keyboard where it will disconnect every 10 seconds if not in use. So far, I've found that, like others suggested, if I connect a 'constantly streaming' device like a speaker, the connection with the keyboard will not drop. But as soon as I disconnect the speaker, BOOM!, there goes the keyboard.

So, I'm guessing (by the name alone) that this app MIGHT be able to help, but I was looking for opinions from users that might have used this in the past. I'm mostly worried about battery life and how it's impacted by this.

Thanks!

Default Re: Bluetooth KeepAlive (to solve keyboard problem)... Has anyone used it?

I tried it, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Bluetooth KeepAlive (to solve keyboard problem)... Has anyone used it?

Yeah, I tried it too, to no avail... Glad I could test it and have it refunded. So far the only thing keeping my keyboard 'alive' is having a streaming BT device connected (headset or speaker).

I had this problem straight out the box and tried many solutions and all the updates. In the end, returning the GN2014 to the store and getting a new one solved the problem!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, I got mine from Amazon back in December, I'm not sure they'd still exchange it just like that. And even if they did, I'm no longer in the US so it makes things a bit more complicated

I think Samsung wont honor the warranty unless I take it to the US, but I might be wrong.

I just discovered this issue with my 10.1 (2014) that I bought off of Groupon in January. Now I"m really stuck.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

This sometimes works for me, you could try it on yours: Reboot with WiFi off, turn Bluetooth on, connect the keyboard, turn WiFi back on.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app