- 10 Posts
Which version to buy: LTE(with Snapdragon800) or 3G(with Exynos 5 Octa SoC)?
Hello every one. My first post here
I've been doing some research to buy a new tablet, and the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition is the result.
I know this question was asked before, but the posts were couple of months old and I thought during this period people have a much better idea on how these two chips or compared to each other.
I don't need LTE, and 3G works fine for me, but I'm a bit concerned about the chips.
So, here are my questions:
1- Which one is better?
2- Is It true that the device with Exynos 5 Octa SoC lags more than the device with Snapdragon800? Or they both work the same and the Touch Wiz is the reason for the lag?
3- Is the Exynos 5 Octa SoC model going to get the update to enable all 8 core simultaneously? I know there are some concerns for heat.
Non processor related question:
4- Does this tablet realy get hot under normal usage? How about under heavy load?
5- How do you compare this tablet to the newer galaxy note pro 12.2? Which one is better?
6- What do you think about this tablet's speed? Is it fast or not?
Thanks for your answers and help everyone.
- 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM #2
- 04-10-2014, 02:46 PM #3
Re: Which version to buy: LTE(with Snapdragon800) or 3G(with Exynos 5 Octa SoC)?
If you are a game emulator fan the 5420 version is faster. If not, both versions are equal in performance from my tests. Emulators are CPU reliant and the 5420 is better in that regard. GPU is better on the 800.
- 10-15-2014, 03:17 PM #5
- By GTS21 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:26 AM
- By Stetson11 in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM
- By ThisIsDonDon in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2014, 10:27 AM
- By sndinc in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
- By bill-e in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM