Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By monicakm
  • 1 Post By Dale_M
  • 1 Post By kdog509adam75
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Default Bought this off Newegg but want to replace it various reasons....

Bought this at Newegg and it has various issues like light bleeding, I noticed right on top near the volume rocker it makes this creaking noise on the back plastic if I put any force on it and the glass actually moves down under pressure. I also noticed I heard some noise in the middle while placing it down on a table sounded like something cracked into place or something. Anyways could I just buy one from best buy and then return the one I have there?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Bought this off Newegg but want to replace it various reasons....

You know BB won't take a unit from another retailer. You may be in trouble if they compare the serial number from unit to the box.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
    You know BB won't take a unit from another retailer. You may be in trouble if they compare the serial number from unit to the box.
    Ah I've only done it once and that was for a 60 dollar game.. I figured

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Ah I've only done it once and that was for a 60 dollar game.. I figured

Best Buy took a return from another company? Do you mean they let you trade the game in for in store credit?

No, you can't. Why not return it to Newegg and then buy from BB?
    Jude526 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Bought this at Newegg and it has various issues like light bleeding, I noticed right on top near the volume rocker it makes this creaking noise on the back plastic if I put any force on it and the glass actually moves down under pressure. I also noticed I heard some noise in the middle while placing it down on a table sounded like something cracked into place or something. Anyways could I just buy one from best buy and then return the one I have there?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Probably not really good way to do business... Its underhanded and probably dishonest.... IF you get caught, it just makes it harder for the rest of us who really do need to return something for legitimate reasons....

Dale
    Jude526 likes this.

with all the checks and balances I don't really think he could get away with it anyway.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
    Probably not really good way to do business... Its underhanded and probably dishonest.... IF you get caught, it just makes it harder for the rest of us who really do need to return something for legitimate reasons....

Dale
    Tbh I was just curious. Wasn't going to do it. I just got 1 at best buy price matching amazon prce and in the process of returning at Newegg

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

I just won't buy electronics online at all any more at least ones with screens. Nexus 5 had a dinged up back, my TV frame was coming off and problems with the tablet.

I figure that buying in the store may be more expensive, but test driving it and some type of assistance is more important.

Sent via my Note 8
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    I figure that buying in the store may be more expensive, but test driving it and some type of assistance is more important.

Sent via my Note 8
    Best Buy will price match so it'd same price since amazon charges tax

Sent from my SM-N900T

Well yea, you probably could. It's not actually an exchange though. It's called fraud and last time I checked that was a criminal offense. And of course depending on what state you live in and the value of the fraud, it might also be called a felony. But to answer your question, yea you can do that.

ShaggyKids likes this.

It's not right but a person can get away with it if the employee doesn't pay attention.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    No, you can't. Why not return it to Newegg and then buy from BB?
    Yes, why not take it back where you got it? That seems to be the most logical and honest way to handle this.

You could also sell it on eBay. Some people buy damaged goods for parts.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Yes, why not take it back where you got it? That seems to be the most logical and honest way to handle this.

You could also sell it on eBay. Some people buy damaged goods for parts.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    This was like 3 months ago and I was just wondering... Lol my impatience was the reason I asked