Unable to write on a small portion of the screen

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Verizon LTE version of the GN 10.1 2014 edition. I also happen to have a GN 3.

Anyway, on the new tablet, I have a spot about the size of a quarter just below the "Samsung" logo that simply will not recognize the pen. If I press rather hard, I can get a faint line. . . . but I certainly can't take a note in that area.

Here's the odd thing: if I use my finger, it registers the touch without a problem.

Anybody else having this problem or am I off to Verizon for a replacement?

Posted via Android Central App

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Verizon LTE version of the GN 10.1 2014 edition. I also happen to have a GN 3.

Anyway, on the new tablet, I have a spot about the size of a quarter just below the "Samsung" logo that simply will not recognize the pen. If I press rather hard, I can get a faint line. . . . but I certainly can't take a note in that area.

Here's the odd thing: if I use my finger, it registers the touch without a problem.

Anybody else having this problem or am I off to Verizon for a replacement?

Do you have your tablet in a case with magnets ? If so, remove the case and see if that makes a difference. A lot of 3rd party cases have magnets that interfere with the screen.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'll be....

Interestingly, I'm using the official VZ case made by Samsung, apparently. And, yes, without the case, that area of the screen works perfectly. Wondering if there is something I can do about it or if I just need to swallow this nuisance.

Posted via Android Central App

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'll be....

Interestingly, I'm using the official VZ case made by Samsung, apparently. And, yes, without the case, that area of the screen works perfectly. Wondering if there is something I can do about it or if I just need to swallow this nuisance.

Glad the mystery is solved :)
Can you not return the case to Verizon ?
There are quite a few threads here about cases if you are looking for another one... you can get something decent for under $25.
Enjoy your new tablet !

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The magnetic sensetive area and magnet are for opening Daynotes App ... If you can live without Daynotes, ditch the magnet...

Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan