Luckily I bought one online from Costco. I thought it was really cool, great display, really fast etc, and the stylus is the only reason to buy this model. I had it in my possession since 2/17. Yesterday I wound up taking it back to Costco as it was having issues starting up . It first started being a little balky to start a couple of weeks ago, it would start finally after a few minutes of pressing the button, but then yesterday, I thought if I restored it back to factory new, that it might help the issue of not starting. It did not, because after I restored it, it would not start at all. I never loaded many apps as I originally bought it to use with Back Country Navigator and also to be able to use it to access the internet when I was home or away Jeeping. I will probably buy another one of the same model to see if it was an anomaly or whether it is common throughout the series......I am glad I can return it and can try it for 90 days with the Costco membership. I think that it is the only game in town if you want one with a hi tech stylus system.....please forgive my ignorance, as it is my first tablet and I don't have the experience most of you do. I am 66 and still tryin...........Do any of you have any idea if it is the series of tablets or maybe an isolated instance ???
    04-06-2014 10:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a bummer, but yes, that's the great thing about buying from Costco! In addition, Costco offers discounted SquareTrade insurance for tablets for $79 (which lasts for 2 years), so that's something to consider.

I don't have direct experience with the Note 3, but I haven't seen a whole lot of similar posts in these forums about your problem. My guess is that it was a relatively isolated problem.
    04-06-2014 10:21 PM
    This is a great tablet ( I love costco but they only sell the note 8.0 , and the tab 3 series ) but I would just buy another one there and try it out and if it is lemon again there is other options with the stylus. It uses wacom digitizer ( which makes it work unlike the other type of stylus which you would buy for say your ipad) and there is other tablets that use it like the Windows surface ( not sure which ones but you can check it out in stores like bestbuy) if you want to try out a different tablet with the same kind of stylus. Not sure about other android tablets so can't tell you of any other ones
    04-07-2014 07:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, sorry to here about your Note3 problems. My Verizon Galaxy Note3(JellyBean OS) works flawless....so far. The best smartphone I've owned to date. I hope your happy with your new device......ENJOY
    boudicca00 likes this.
    04-07-2014 07:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, sorry to here about your Note3 problems. My Verizon Galaxy Note3(JellyBean OS) works flawless....so far. The best smartphone I've owned to date. I hope your happy with your new device......ENJOY
    The galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition would be a really big phone... :P
    04-07-2014 08:19 AM
    The galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition would be a really big phone... :P
    LOL....I just read the title. Thanks for the ...sarcasm
    boudicca00 likes this.
    04-07-2014 08:22 AM